Coming Home (Male POV)

*A week later*

It had been a whole 7 days since she'd left and I was starting to get anxious. Most of her missions would last between one to two weeks so I kept trying to reassure myself that she'd be back home safe and soon.

*Two weeks later*

2 weeks I'd lived in worry about if she'd be alright. She had her phone and I'd check up on her as much as possible but it'd been three days since she texted back. That made me worry even more.

Two weeks one day.

Two weeks two days.

Still nothing.

Two weeks three days.

Two weeks four days.

I'd get chills down my spine and goosebumps would randomly pop out on my body.

Two weeks five days.

I started waking up with terrifying nightmares.

Two weeks six days. 

That's when the jeeps showed up at her parent's house. I got the first call after they found out. At least after they were able to calm themselves down.

Maya. She'd been ambushed with her troop by enemies and they'd gone missing since then. The army arrived at her house and told her parents to give all hope and that she and her troop were captured and to be presumed dead.

No.

NO. 

Not my Maya. Not her. 

Why did it have to be her ??

I slipped into a cycle of depression for we were told she was as good as dead. 

But I never gave up on her. I went to her army cantonment and asked about what happened in such cases. I kept going. Every single day.

I wanted someone to give me a sliver of hope; and fairly enough, I got it. I found out that though it was quite rare, they would be able to find the prisoners of war, even if a long while later, and bring them back home. But it wasn't guaranteed and almost pointless to keep waiting. Yet I wouldn't.....no, couldn't.....live without her. So I decided to wait.

*6 months later*

I kept waiting.

*1 year later*

And waiting.

*1.5 years later*

And waiting.

*2 years later* 

And waiting.

It was the 21st of October.

Two years had gone past and I was still waiting. Everyone had started urging me to get married and that it was pointless waiting for 'a lost cause'.

I knew I'd never be able to love anyone as I loved her. So even though I wouldn't marry someone, I was quite close to giving up hope.

Aside from this, I had a big game today and before that, an interview to attend. I was going to meet up with the boys in an hour so I needed to get ready. She would've been proud to know I was the team captain.

National team captain Y/N.

I got up and fresh for the interview; taking a bath, eating breakfast, and getting dressed for the interview. Time to put a fake smile on!

I picked up my car keys and left my mansion, driving to one of the boy's places; where we were meeting up. 

"Hey, Y/N!", one of them said.