Chapter 7

Not edited. Sorry. Comment, vote, share! Let me know what you think! I want your feed back! Give it to me!! And thank you all for giving it a chance!!!:)

"It's your turn," Rusty said, finishing his sandwich.

I sighed. Where to begin?

"Well. I've had it rough,that's for sure. But it makes me who I am. I guess you could say it started when I was 13 and my mom told me she never wanted to have me. It was a heated argument that happened after my dad's funeral. My dad was the one who convinced my mom to keep me. And when he died, I guess her hatred grew more for me. I haven't had a real conversation with my mom in years. She usually leaves me alone while she goes on business trips. Or at least that's what she calls them. I think she's running away from her problems. In school my friends started treating me differently. They acted like they couldn't talk to me like a normal person. Then the teasing started and eventually it got so bad that I moved here. I'm not going into details about what happened, I don't want to. But I punched Rider in the face because what he was doing reminded me of what happened to me. It's not right. People hating on people, that's not how life should be. I never understood why people treat each other like that and I probably never will. I just want to get out of school and live," I told him, my voice cracking.

"You know, you're pretty strong. Most girls would probably be balling their eyes out by now," Rusty said, lighting the mood.

"I haven't cried since my dad's funeral and I promised myself I never would again," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Everybody needs to cry," Rusty chided.

"Not me," I laughed.

"You'll cry one day, I mean you have to," Rusty argued.

"Not if I can help it," I smiled.

********************************
We were walking to Rusty's car when my phone started to ring.

It was Kennedy calling.

"Hola, chica," I answered.

"Where the hell are you?" She yelled into the phone.

I pulled it away from my face.
"I went to lunch with Rusty. Why?" I replied.

"Skylar, would you just come back to school, Rider won't leave me alone."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He wants to know where you are. He's like, freaking out," she muttered.

"Okay? I'm on my way then, what period?"

"Last period is gonna start in 10 minutes. Just get here, please," she begged.

We said goodbyes then hung up.

"Back to the school, please," I told Rusty, rolling my eyes.

"Everything okay?" He asked, glancing at me.

"Your friend is what's wrong," I grumbled.

"Rider?"

"Yeah, he's bothering Kennedy. Wondering where I am and stuff," I said.

"That's weird," Rusty said under his breath, but something was off. I could feel it. He pulled out of the parking lot and headed back to school.

********************************
I headed back into the school, my eyes wandering for Kennedy. The mass amount of bodies made it difficult to tell who anybody was. I grabbed Rusty's hand and went to my locker. Pushing through the bodies, I could see Kennedy and Rider arguing at my locker.