// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part fifteen

»»——⍟——««

       "I-I died..?" Y/n stuttered, trying to let those words sink in. While she were indeed fine now, Gohan had hidden a grave secret from her. Y/n couldn't imagine the pain her death must've caused her loved ones, their memory now locked away.

"Yeah. Almost every living person on Earth died to Majin Buu. Even Gohan died at one point." Goku said as if it were nothing to him. Of course it wasn't though, these sorts of things were normal to Goku. But not Y/n. She felt like she was about to throw up at that point, her head swirling and dizzy.

"Y-You're not serious, right? Why would Gohan keep something like that from me?" Y/n asked. Goku hummed as he swayed to the music, keeping up his rhythm even through the intense conversation. Y/n tried to keep up with his moving body, but the dizzying feeling within caused her to stumble.

"Because you were just a normal girl, living a normal life. Aside from your intense energy reserve, you're just like everyone else in this world. Gohan knew you wouldn't be able to handle such scary events." Goku spoke. His words caused Y/n to remember that, Goku was still an alien. No matter how human he may seem at times, he was built completely different. He, Gohan, and all of the other Saiyans saw things differently. They weren't afraid.

Something inside Y/n suddenly grew restless. It almost felt like her instincts, but she couldn't tell what was happening. The same feeling from her first dance with Goku began to erupt from within. Her stomach felt like it was doing flips, her vision growing blurry.

"G-Goku, I think I'm going to be sick..." Y/n muttered. Goku immediately stopped dancing, holding Y/n upright. Looking into her e/c eyes, Goku jolted as it felt as if his skin were crawling. Something was indeed wrong. He hadn't noticed it the first time, but now, he could feel that her very energy was shifting.

"Hey, Y/n, calm down, it's okay." Goku tried to settle the girl, placing his large hands on her cheeks. Y/n placed her hands over his, trying to find comfort in his warmth, closing her eyes and leaning into the touch. "We can talk to Gohan about this if you'd like. I didn't know it'd upset you so much."

Looking back up, Y/n sighed as she looked into Goku's eyes. He frowned deeply, worried for the girl before him. "No, it's alright. Let's just enjoy tonight, okay? I'll just run to the bathroom and wash up, I'll be right back."

Y/n stepped back from Goku, walking off into the crowd in search of the bathroom. Goku watched her in silence, worry beginning to stir within. Goku wasn't normally one to care about emotional damage, as he had no idea how to comfort people. Emotions weren't his area of expertise.

However, he knew something was wrong. Y/n's eyes, just for a moment, had completely lost their color, turning black as night. Her pupils were completely indistinguishable from her irises. Goku knew that was not something normal, he'd never seen eyes change color like that, not from a human.

Goku was pulled out of his thoughts as a voice called him, prompting him to turn around and force a smile. Y/n had asked that they simply enjoyed the night. He didn't want to cause her anymore trouble, not after he'd seen how insecure she could get.

"Hey, dad. Where's Y/n?" Gohan asked. Behind him stood three teenagers, who Goku imagined were Gohan's friends, but he only recognized Videl and Erasa.

"She had to run to the bathroom, she'll be right back." Goku said. Gohan nodded, before sighing.

"It took us a while to get in, sorry. What did you two do?" Gohan asked, looking around. He could already see Goku's trail, the food bar having been raided.