Chapter 1

"Hurry up, it's getting worse" I said as I was having contractions. "I'm trying the best I can to get everything," Tyrone says.

"Well your daughter wants to come out, we have to get to the hospital" I say .

As he is looking for the heated towels. I'm thinking about whether my baby is going to be healthy. This is my second pregnancy and I have had a lot of complications. My first doctor was no help. He would say that it is normal for women to go through this.

"Honey...honey" my husband tries calling me.

"Yes..." I responded.

" I have been trying to call for a minute," he says.

"I'm just thinking about whether she will be healthy" I confide.

"Don't worry she will be, don't stress yourself out". He reassures me.

I can't just shake the feeling that something will go wrong. With my first child it was perfect, I don't tear or have any health problems after. She was healthy, no allergies, no eczema, or anything.

" We have to go honey, go to the truck," he says.

As we are riding to the hospital my contractions are getting worse. I should be about 6 or 7 centimeters dilated.

"Honey, are you okay?" he asked.

"No, a 7 pound baby is coming out my vagina does it look like I'm okay"? I sarcastically retort.

"Sorry, honey I'm just freaking out a little bit" he says.

"It's fine, I'm just in pain" I say.

" I know honey , we have to get ready to go" .

" We do but has my mom called to tell us she here" I asked

" Yes she called she said she is 5 minutes away, I'm still getting the car packed"  he answered.

There was a knock on the door.

" I'm going to answer it honey" he tells.

" Hey Miss May, how are you doing". he asked her.

" I'm doing good sweetie , just ready to see my grand kids" she responds.

She comes into the kitchen. She sees me and looks so surprised.

" Hey baby, how is my grand baby treating you". she asked.

"She is ready to get out of this belly of mine". I answer. 

" I hope she is so she can have her papa birthday". she says.