Dextrin

Part 1: The Chosen

Chapter One
As I stepped into the sunlight of the village. I felt a warm feeling across my face. I began walking through the village of Minco. I was carrying two buckets to fill with water to bring back to my dad, my mom, my little sister, and last but not least, my annoying older brother.
He's not the annoying brother you probably imagine. He's annoying in a way that he tries to make anyone he can be "Amazing." Which is annoying, because he's always in your business.
Asking, "Where are you going?" "Did you get everything you needed to done?" "Did mom and dad agree?" He does that so much to the point that I can't stand being around him. All of the sudden I was broken out of my wandering mind. When a cart bumped into me, and knocked me to the ground.
"Mighty fine day to be walking through the village, I say." The man said, with an accent.
"Don't pretend you didn't walk into me."
"Oh, pardon me. But to be fair, you were the one who walked in front of my cart."
"Me! I was just walking! It was clearly you who ran into me." Then the man just looked at me in a strange way, Not in an angry way. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked angrily.
"Do I know you? What's your name?"
"Why would I tell you that?"
  "I remember you. You're that boy who stole all of my tomatoes, then threw them back at me. Some even hit my face!"
He had a mean, but happy grin on his face. I shivered, I hate that face expression. Instead of lying, saying that I didn't do it. I turned and dashed,  like a horse getting shot at.
As I ran, I heard shouting from the man behind me. I ran and got water from the water pump, then I ran home, without even looking back.

When I got home, my older brother was standing there with his arms crossed. He also had that expression on his face, that that man had on. He was wearing his blue, dirty cap. He had his ragged brown shirt, and his ripped blue jeans on. He also had black, short hair.
"What do you want?" I  asked him.
"Why are you wearing that in public?" Asked Nick.
"What, this? I'm allowed to wear this."
I was wearing a black T-Shirt, black jeans. My black hair was down, almost touching my shoulders. I also had my black cap on  backwards on my head. 
"You're only 11! You can't be going around town looking like a criminal."
"You can't tell me what to do! You're only 14!" With that I turned around and went to my room. While, I layed there thinking about how annoying Nick was. I heard a strange noise outside. I got up from my bed, and looked out the window. I saw an army of knights, some riding horses. Coming towards Minco! I looked closer, and on some flags that they were caring, was the symbol of the Nature Kingdom! I thought they were peaceful people. As I continued to look, their flag was black and red. Not green, and yellow. I wonder what happened? I have to go tell my family, I thought.
I dashed out of my room, and went to the living room where everyone was.
My dad was wearing his blue shirt, his brown shorts, and his brown hair was parted to one side. My mom was wearing her pink wooly dress. Her brown-ish, blond-ish hair was down and curled. She was also wearing a tiny bit of her weird looking, pink lip gloss. My little sister, Lily, was wearing her pink ragged shirt, and her pink dirty skirt. That she refused to actually wash. Her black hair was in a ponytail that looked like a horse's tangled tail to me.
   I told them what I saw. They had horrified expressions on their faces when I finished talking. We grabbed all that we could, and left our house.
As we were running, we stopped by the Mayor's house, to tell him what I saw. He immediately stated going to other houses, and telling them.
We continued running out of the village. As I looked back, I saw people running in all directions. Knights killing people who didn't make it out in time. I watched as a knight killed the man who ran into me earlier. Serves him right, I thought. I turned around, and ran to catch up to the rest of my family.