The Prophecy

Chapter 3
      Screaming and crying, I tried to run and save her. But my mom, dad, and Nick, grabbed onto me. Trying to struggle out of their grip, I yelled at them to let me go. They wouldn't. Instead they ran out of the land, dragging me with them.
    As soon as we got out, I collapsed on the ground crying. Lily, I already missed her so much. I loved her, I cared for her since the day she was born.
     "Why didn't you let me save her?" I screamed at them at the top of my lungs.
      "Because we would've lost you too!" Said Nick. "I couldn't bear the thought of losing you as well."
    Nick was at the edge of crying. Wow, Nick does not want to lose me. I thought he hated me. I looked around at my family. My mom and dad had tears streaming down their faces. I decided to just try to keep in my emotions, to try not to make things seem worse then they already are.
    We did a small funeral for her in the Desert Valley. After we were done, we continued walking. Without saying a single word.
    After some time, it began getting dark. Thank goodness, I thought, it was so stinking hot. We found a tiny spot without any cacti, rocks, sink holes, or animals in it.
Everyone else was already asleep in like 9 minutes or so. I was still laying there trying to sleep, when I heard a hissing sound. I look over, a rattlesnake! It was staring at me, dead in the eyes. Instead of freaking out, I stared back at it. Trying to get rid of any fear I had inside of me.
   "Go away!" I told it in a stern voice.
   It just continued to stare at me. It began hissing something. It was like it was trying to talk.
    "Yousss willssss notsss winssss." 
     "I will not win what?"
      "Yousss willssss diessss."
      And just like that it left. Disappearing into the desert night.
     When sunrise came, I was already awake. I couldn't sleep. What the rattlesnake said, made me too scared to sleep. Probably because what he said might be true. My dad was the first one up, he woke up my mom, then Nick.
    "Let's let Dextrin sleep for a few more minutes." I heard him say. "He had a ruff day yesterday."
Ya, I did have a ruff day yesterday. But wow, I can't believe that none of them noticed that I was already awake. Why not get some rest. I have three people to 'guard' me. My eyes closed shut, and I immediately fell asleep.
  Nick woke me up from what felt like a 15 minute nap, which it probably was. I completely refused to get up. To the point that he ended up dragging me on the sand, for a few minutes. Until I got tired of getting dirt down my pants. So of course I ripped my arm from Nick's grasp, and stood up.
   "Look who finally got up." Nick said in a sarcastic tone.
    "Well, I didn't get enough sleep last night." I replied with a snarl.
     "Why didn't you?" Dad asked.
      "I don't know." I lied. I couldn't risk telling them. Am I going insane? First the book, then the snake. I need to get checked out by a doctor or something. "Where are we going?" I asked my mom.
     "I think our next stop is the Desert Kingdom." My mom replied. "And look it's right there."