love

George POV

while my dad plays loud music to annoy our neighbours, the Smiths, i try to study for the test.

math test.
I'm not that good in math.. it somehow doesn't get in my head.

Like- I can't do mental arithmetic, not even the simple ones. I always end up needing my hands or a calculator.

the door bell rings.

I sigh.

I hear how our front door gets opened.
"Turn the god damn music off!" I hear mr Smith shout "why should I?" dad says.

"it's annoying other people!" he shouts "i don't care!" dad shouts back.

they always act like children, it's fucking embarrassing.

every morning at 6am, you can hear mom and mrs Smith shout, cause they both gotta leave at the same time.

we are supposed to hate each other and we do, but there's someone in that family that has stolen my heart.

Clay Smiths.

we go to the same school and are in a class together. he smiles at me every time he sees me, sometimes we even say hello to each other.

I've heard that he's supposed to be gay.
I don't know if it's true, cause there are a lot of rumours about him.

like that he's rich
he's a playboy
he's a bad friend
all kind of stuff.

girls still like him, not everyone, but some girls. even tho they said that he's a playboy.
I don't get it.

but I can relate to them.
I also got a crush on him.

sometimes I'm lucky. His best friend and my best friend are also best friends- so I hang out with him sometimes.

"alright dad, it's enough." I say as I get out of my room "George, shut your mouth." he says,
I walk over to them.

"you guys don't have to fight the whole time!" i say to the both of them "George!" dad shouts "I'm trying to learn!" i shout back.

"go to your room!" he says, i roll my eyes but go back to my room.

I throw myself on the bed and close my eyes.
"George! Can you please go bring the trash out!?" I hear mom shout.

"yeah!" I shout back before I stand up again and walk to the kitchen. I take the trash and make my way to dad.

"I have to take the trash out." i say to dad as i walk pass him. I run down stairs and the cold air hits me.

I walk to the trash cans and throw the trash in.
Suddenly I hear someone running, I quickly look over and see Clay.

"George-" he says before taking my hand and pulling me with him "wha-" i say.
He quickly opens the door, before closing it completely and running upstairs with me.

he breaths out.

"god- i hate those." he sighs "what? who? what happen?" i ask "a group of boys tried to take my money." he tells me.

"again?" i sigh "yeah." he laughs.
Then we suddenly hear a loud noise.

"fuck-" i say "what- are our dads fighting again?" he rolls his eyes "yep." i sigh.
"then lets go upstairs and stop that shit." he says before running upstairs, getting followed by me.

There we find both of them over each other and our mothers trying to separate them.
Clay quickly pulls his dad away and I pull mine "it's enough! we've 9pm already!" I shout.