A new Legacy

The woman looked down at the small journal that had landed in her lap. It was labeled "Hero Analysis for the Future" with some small sketches on the cover. She glanced toward the boisterous girl before setting her book aside and opening the notebook. As she flipped through the pages, her eyes scanned each one apprehensively. After a moment, she closed the notebook and stared at Izumi with a serious expression.

"Where did you find this? Were you beating up villains alone again? This holds incredibly dangerous information."

A small smile appeared on Izumi's face. "Nope, it was written by my half-brother. I figured you could use someone like him in your field."

The woman raised an eyebrow, looked back down at the small book, then smiled. "Your father wouldn't like this, but I'll help him. I see a great future for the boy, and someone like him would be a great asset to the company."

Izumi hugged the tall woman and said, "Thanks for this. He won't let you down."

Izumi wasn't entirely sure why she felt such a strong urge to help him or why she trusted him so much, but she did. She had always wanted a sibling, and now she had one.

The woman pushed her daughter off and scribbled something on a sheet of paper, "Give him this and tell him to go to the address and say he has an appointment with Aoi Midoriya. I'll teach him the basics of hero gear creation and give him a UA support course recommendation, but he'll have to get in on his own."

Izumi nodded and left her mother's office, she was glad the woman wasn't as intolerable as her father who she didn't even like to be around. she put the slip of paper in her phone case and fell into slumber.

Izuku woke up the next morning and got ready for school. He put on his uniform, inspecting the burns on the fabric. He could go a few more months without replacing it, but the holes were becoming increasingly noticeable.

Before leaving, he gently placed a blanket over his sleeping mother and headed out the door. As he walked to school, he slipped into his usual seat at the back of the class and zoned out. He didn't really pay attention in class anymore; school was easy for him, and he never struggled on tests.

He managed to get through the day without much hassle from his classmates. Even Bakugo seemed more subdued than usual, though Izuku didn't know why, and frankly, it wasn't his concern.

As he left school for the day, Izuku suddenly felt his feet leave the ground. He closed his eyes, expecting a hit, but nothing came. When he opened his eyes, he saw a familiar face looking up at him.

Before he could ask what was happening, she picked him up and carried him off, ignoring his protests.

Once the school was out of sight, Izumi finally spoke. "We're going to Vanguard Tech Industries. I knew you were going to say no, so I'm forcing you to come. I got you an internship."

Izuku sighed. He didn't have anywhere else to be, and she was right—he would've declined if given the choice, so he accepted his fate.

"Can you at least put me down? It's not like I could escape even if I wanted to."

Izumi set him back on the ground, and Izuku looked up at her, realizing just how much taller she was. Despite being the same age, she stood at least twenty centimeters above him.

"So, what's this about an internship at Vanguard? That's one of the top hero gear companies in Japan. They've even produced gear for heroes like Endeavor and others from his agency—"

Izumi cut him off, stopping his rambling. "I showed my mom that hero book of yours, and she decided to take you under her wing. She'll teach you how to make support gear, and if you do well, you could get a recommendation for the UA support course."

Izuku stared at her in disbelief. He might not be able to become a hero, but helping heroes was better than being a cop—and it might even be fun. Filled with newfound vigor, he decided to overlook the fact that she had shown his journal to someone else.

Izuku wanted to hug the girl but held back. "Thank you so much. I was lost and had no idea what I was going to do with my life, so I'll try my best to make sure your good deed won't be in vain."

Izumi smiled and kept walking, with Izuku following closely behind. As they walked, Izuku remembered to ask about her quirk. He pulled his notebook from his bag and asked, "Hey, Izumi, what's your quirk anyway? I forgot to ask yesterday."

Izumi glanced at him and the notebook in his hands, her smile widening. "I can generate and manipulate this pale white fire." She ignited a small flame in her hand. "I can channel this fire through my limbs, including my fangs and tail. I can also throw it and control the heat waves it produces, but if I use it for too long, I get really thirsty, and I can even burn myself if I'm not careful."

Izuku feverishly jotted down the information. As she peeked at the journal, she noticed that the page with her information didn't even have her name—just the words my sister. She smiled, then asked him a question.

"When's your birthday? I want to know who's older."

Izuku put a finger to his chin. "It's July fifteenth. How about you?"

Izumi grinned. "June third. I'm older, so make sure you listen to me, okay?"

Izuku sighed, slightly disappointed but not surprised. He had a feeling she was older.

After a while, they finally stopped in front of a huge building. Izumi spoke, "Welcome to Vanguard. I know you'll make a great inventor."

They stepped into the building and approached the receptionist. "He has an appointment with Aoi Midoriya," Izumi said.

The woman typed on the computer for a moment before responding, "Thirtieth floor, room fifty-two. Have a nice day."

Izuku bowed, then walked to the elevator, ready to begin a new chapter of his life.