Where Am I To Go? [1]

(A/N Surprise? a whole 'nother book. Yeah. My Christmas book is still happening of course! Dw. Might do a Christmas in this book too? Dunno. Anyways enjoy pls)

TW/CW: Character Death, Probably all the chapters gon be angsty or a bit

Words: 1.4k words

Gregory POV:

I sat against the wall. Everyone else was either sitting down or standing around, murmuring. I don't think any of us knew how to handle this scenario.

It was so quiet and the atmosphere felt so dead. Dylan was here and kept giving glances at me. It was like he was unsure of what to do with me. I didn't have another legal guardian. I only had the animatronics. There probably was no plan Brydad made for this. I doubt so.

"Hey, Gregory?" I didn't notice Dylan approach me.

"Y-Yeah?" I was so scared of what would happen.

"I'll tell you this," the blonde gave a weak smile, "Bryan luckily had papers for this scenario."

"Papers," I was confused and just stared into Dylan's eyes, "what do you mean?"

He exhaled before speaking, "You have a new guardian. I guess that's the way to put it."

I shook my head in disbelief. I stared at the dirty ground. Somebody ought to clean that soon. I didn't know what to feel. I have someone else? Dad already thought this through?

"Who?" I spoke in a shaky voice.

"I don't know how you'll feel about it." He didn't give me the answer I was looking for.

I looked up, "Just tell me who-"

"Somebody called?" A familiar voice interrupted me.

I turned to see that CEO everyone keeps talking about. I haven't seen him much at all. I've seen him like once. All I recall is how much Brydad talked about him and how the others teased dad about him. He seemed to pull himself together well with this crazy situation.

"Yeah, I hope you can settle Gregory in well." Dylan must've called him.

"He's going to take care of me now?" It wasn't that hard to guess.

Dylan met my gaze and just nodded. He looked back to Dr. Vendi after though.

"Yes, unfortunately this has to happen now. I didn't foresee this arrangement happening so quickly." He took his gaze to me.

"Arrangement?" I questioned.

"Yes, I agreed to take care of you if something... bad happened." I couldn't tell what his emotions were.

He just seemed to speak so nonchalantly and with barely any care in the world. At least it seemed that way? Do business men have a poker face wherever they walk?

I stood up and just ran to cling to my new guardian. I don't know why I did it. I think I just wanted comfort in my own way without asking. He must've understand this and picked me up. I wrapped my arms and legs around him. I relaxed my head by laying it down into his shoulder. I felt like crying. I haven't cried once though. I think I was still in denial or shock.

"I think we'll get along just swimmingly, Dylan." He was doing that intimidation thing that he does to many others.

Dylan took a minute, "Yeah, Gregory can text or call me if he needs anything."

"I'm sure he will love to share." He gave a chuckle and turned to walk off.

I took a peep to see Dylan's expression and it was complete disbelief and horror. It was like he didn't expect this to happen this way. Did he expect me to go with family? I did too, but I'm here now.