Chapter 10

After a dreamless night of sleep, Ben got me up early. I walked through the now charred black hallways from the night before while Ben got Ann up. I got to the main room where everyone was gathered. "Okay, Ray." Said Ann. "Tell us what happened." Then I told Ann what I told Ben. All of the adventures I had, Shane dying, the adults, the guns, every single little detail. I told her about the previous night's events. "What does this mean?" She asked. "I don't know, Ann, but Ben and I and also you will get to the bottom of this." We stopped talking right there and ate in silence. I was still as confused as can be. I got the hint that I was important to saving the world or universe or something, but it's not like I have any special abilities or anything. I'm just a normal thirteen year old. Well, except for the fact that sometimes I randomly teleported to different apocalyptic worlds. Then something interrupted his thoughts. BOOOM! We were being attacked by some other survivors. I saw a gun in the corner and jump for it. Ben and Ann were already firing at them with handguns. I got the rifle and started shooting at them. People came rushing in. I fired some more. I grabbed the ammo pack next to me and reloaded. Sounds of gunfire were everywhere. I began shooting them again and this time completely ran out of ammo. A bullet then went through my arm and I blacked out from the pain.