Chapter One: Stuck

"CHICA!" a little girl shrieks. "I drew you a picture!" She holds out a scraggly drawing of a yellow blob, presumably Chica, with her signature bib and pink squiggly thing of a cupcake. I walk up to her and tap her back. "I'm sorry, Miss, but Chica is doing her show right now. I can take that drawing, if you'd like, and show it to her. Maybe I'll even hang it up on the wall!" I point to our 'Artwall', a mess of equally horrible yet touching pictures from toddlers.

The little girl frowns at me. "I want to be there when Chica gets it," she whines. "And I want her to get it NOW!"

Here we go again.

Throughout the day, I get more horrifying encounters with 'The Fazbears'' fans. I've only had this job for a few weeks, yet I'm already sick of it. Nothing exciting ever happens, most of my coworkers are obnoxious, and the animatronics reek of some sort of mucus and are really creepy. The only reason I still work here is that I need a summer job before college and this place has decent pay. Come to think of it, that's probably because nobody really wants to work here.
Just as I'm about to leave, I stop walking right in the nick of time to hear someone call my name. "Kasper !" I whip around. "Yeah?" I call back. A figure emerges from behind the "SAVE THEM" arcade game. Speaking of that game, I have no clue why they have it here. It's really creepy and doesn't get much business. Anyway, the guy steps out from behind it. "Hey, kid, I'm going to haveta ask us somethin. Can ya stay for a while an' take over the shift for me? Thanks." He walks past me and out of the restaurant.
"The nerve," I mutter.
But after asking around, I find out that's Mr. Taranquino. He's in charge of the animatronics, but he tends to slack off a lot. "He tricks every new employee into taking over his shift. It's like a rite of passage, y'know?" Fern, my friend and fellow employee informed me. After a short pause, she
added, "I wonder why Boss hasn't fired him yet. Is that the level of despracy the place has come to?"
After a few more questions, I find out that I've got to clean up the animatronics.
"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" I cry out. "I can't do this!"

"Where are the animatronics?" I sigh.
"Storage room. To the right and straight ahead," answers Fern.
"Thanks." I mutter, and start walking.
"Kasper, that's to the left. You know what, I'll just come with you." Fern chuckles, and leads me down the hall to a door that has a sign saying "Storage Room" next to it.
"Oh," I said simply.
Fern reaches in her pocket and grabs her keys. She unlocks the door and opens it, then turns on the lights.
I scream.
"What the hell is that?!" I screech, pointing at a metal creature in the back of the room.
"Oh! That's an endoskeleton. It's like the muscles and bones of an animatronic," explained Fern. "And with that, I'm gonna go leave." "No!" I cried. "Stay with me." Fern chuckled. "No can do, ghost friend of mine. I've got a date with Bruce tonight." She leaned closer into my ear. "I'm gonna break up with him."
I giggled and pushed her away playfully. "Fine... I guess you can go." Fern nodded and left the room.

It was just me and the animatronics.