Part 4

*Cloë's POV*

After lunch I have arts. We have the task to make something and the subject has to be something that secretly makes you happy. We start thinking and sketching in class. My subjects will be music and books since I love reading and listening to music. I don't know what I'll do with it yet but at least I know the subject. I give Jake's jacket back at the end of the day and he looks kind of dissapointed. "Are you coming to my birthday party Friday?", he asks me. "Spending half of my weekend with you? No thanks, I choose to be at home and chill", I answer. "Oh come on, only this once. I promise that it'll be fun, maybe you'll make some friends", he says. "I don't need nor want friends, I'm good on my own", I reply before walking away. "I will expect you anyway", he yells after me. 

The whole week I keep thinking about it. Should I go or not? "See you tonight C!", Jake says after we leave class. "No you won't", I argue. Everybody goes home to enjoy the weekend after a long and boring week. It's 11p.m. and I'm very bored. You know what screw it, I'll go to the party. I put on a dress that really shows my curves and put some make-up on. I curl my hair, put on my shoes and go to his damn party with a little present for him. It's midnight when I arrive, meaning that it is officially his birthday. I hear the loud music and smell the alcohol already and I'm just in front of the door. The door is open and people are walking in and out. How does one have so many friends? I push trough the crowd to get inside and get a lot of looks from boys. Maybe I should've put on something else. I arrive in the livingroom and notice Jake sitting in the couch joined by his friends and lots of girls. It's like he feels that I'm here because he look up and we make eyecontact. He smiles and gets up to come over. "You came", he exclaims. "Yeah, here, it's nothing much but happy birthday", I say. He opens the present and smiles when he sees that it is a new keychain for his moto keys. "Thanks C, by the way you look stunning", he compliments me. "Yeah it's whatever", I answer. "Is there something wrong?", he asks. "Just some boys who are staring at me", I respond. "I mean I would stare too, you look gorgeous", he says.