2- Flipped

The first day I met Adrien Agreste, I flipped.

Mari Dupain stared into the green eyes of the new boy, new feelings she had never experienced before racing through her. She had wanted to help her new neighbors unload their moving van in the hopes that she would make a new friend--her mom had told her that one of the children was her age. However, she found so much more than a friend that day.

It was those eyes. Something in those dazzling eyes.

"You wanna push this one together?" She asked the boy she didn't yet know the name of. As she went to touch the box, the boy's dad placed his foot on top of it, stopping her where she was. 

His family had just moved into the neighborhood, and I'd gone over to help them. I'd been in the van all of two minutes when his dad sent him off to help his mom.

"Oh, yeah!" Adrien, the name she heard his dad say, quickly turned to rush off. Mari quickly followed. 

I could see he didn't wanna go. So, I chased after him to see if we could play a little before he got trapped inside.

The next thing I know, he's holding my hand and looking right into my eyes. My heart stopped. Was this it? Would this be my first kiss?

Mari was in awe at how dazzling those green eyes were as he stared at her with that small smile on his face. She was aware of nothing else until a woman spoke.

But then his mother came out. And he was so embarrassed, his cheeks turned completely red.

Later that night, Mari lay in her bed staring at her ceiling as she remembered her meeting Adrien, and the way he looked at her. She had never felt that way before, and it was exciting.

I went to bed that night thinking of the kiss that might have been. I mean, it was clear he had feelings for me, but he was too shy to show them. My mother said boys were like that.

So, I decided to help him out.

"Adrien?! You're here!"

Mari rushed to Adrien and pulled him into a big hug, ignoring the other children laughing. She had a mission.

I would give him plenty of opportunity to get over his shyness.

By the sixth grade, I'd learned to control myself.

As Adrien ran past her, she smiled at him, but the smile soon faded when she saw who he was running to.

Then Chloe Bourgeois entered the picture.

Word got around that they had started going out, and soon Mari couldn't go anywhere without seeing them together. In the hallways, at lunch, in class... It was disgusting.

Chloe Bourgeois was nothing but a whiny, gossipy, backstabbing flirt. All hair and no substance. And there she was holding hands with Adrien--My Adrien! The one who was walking around with my first kiss.

My solution was to ignore her. I knew a boy of Adrien's caliber would eventually see through a shallow conniver like Chloe Bourgeois.

Mari was just about to walk outside when she noticed Chloe approaching Adrien at the water fountain. She waited to watch through the windows in the doors, then giggled to herself when she saw Chloe slap him. 

It took all of a week. They broke up at recess; She didn't take it well.

Now that Adrien was out of Chloe's evil clutched, he started being nicer to me.

Mari watched with satisfaction as Adrien walked into their classroom Chloe-free. He walked to his seat right in front of her and gave her a smile. "Hi, Mari." He said before sitting down. 

"Hi, Adrien," She replied with a smile of her own. 

He was so shy and so cute... And his hair, it smelled like watermelon. I couldn't get enough of it. I spent the whole year secretly sniffing watermelon and wondering if I was ever going to get my kiss.