01 | meeting

"Nahida please don't." you cried out loud as the white-haired elf grinned.

"Plus 4, change the colour to green." she said whilst she added her card onto the pile.

"I guess it was a minor inconvenience-" you say, grabbing one of the cards in your deck before Nahida stops you. You stared at her confused before she puffed her cheeks.

"It's still my turn!" she stated putting another card onto the table and standing up in the process.

"Plus 4! Green! " she shouted again, this time a more sinister smile started to take form. You started feeling goosebumps form on your skin as Nahida simply giggled ominously.

"Please no." you begged while Nahida looked down at you with pity.

"Uno. Green 8." she finished, placing both her hands on her hips with a proud smirk on her face. You could only watch as this 8 year old girl had defeated you in a game of uno. Suddenly a sound echoed in your ears and Nahida responded by racing towards the door.

You sluggishly followed her towards the sounds of struggling. Nahida reached out toward the door knob with her outstretched hands, only missing by inches. Your mouth made sounds on its own as you tried to hold your breath, little chuckles had escaped. She glared at your audacity before you helped her with the challenge she failed to complete.

At least you were taller than her.

"Oh hello Nahida! Where's your sister?" A strong breeze passed through the entrance as Nilou bent down with the grace of a swan, looking at your baby sister directly in the eyes. Nahida's eyes lit up the whole neighbourhood as she rushed to welcome the girl with open arms.

"Hello Nilou and Dehya!" she cheered, glancing up at the duo with admiration. Nahida's face lifted as her dimples left an indent in her cheeks.

You leaned on the doorway and crossed your arms before teasing Nilou. "Honestly, be careful with your words, what sister are you referring to?" as you smiled widely at the sight of your friend.

She's wearing her mother's old dress, it's a nice shade of blue as well.

"You're old enough to be her mother, Nilou was obviously asking about Collei." Dehya grinned widely at your offended expression.

"Dehya you blockhead your in the way, how many times do I need to tell you to stop gathering around the door." she lectured as Nilou and you could only pity Dehya as she felt the wrath of Candace.

"Oh Nahida, how are you doing?" Candace asked, changing her demeanour once she saw the young girl.

"I just beat Y/N in Uno!" she spoke loudly to everyone following behind her as they walked and conversed into the living room. You grinned sheepishly as you messed up Nahida's hair hoping she got the message to shut up.

"Don't mind the mess, I was too lazy to pack up," you explained as Nahida opened her hands widely to welcome everyone.

"This is Nahida's home!" she yelled excitedly resulting in Nilou patting her on the head to calm her down.

Dehya had slumped down onto the couch and placed her feet on the coffee table in front of her. Nilou swiftly sat down next to her, putting her hands on her laps. Candace chose to sit across from Dehya and Nilou and simply watched them from afar.

Collei had just walked out of her room, sipping her bubble tea as she looked towards you surprised at the amount of people in the home.

"Oh- Hiya?" she spoke softly quickly grabbing your sleeve trying to relax herself. Her feet shaking beneath her weight as she steadied herself.