Chapter 1: Introduction

Hi, my name is Sam Adkins. I like basketball, video games, and just normal teenager stuff. I also go to Harold M. Wrinkler middle school. Today is Monday, when all homework and assignments are due. It's 4:00 am and I'm still trying to catch up on missing work until the bus comes at 6:15. I have always done things at the last minute; Momma says that I inherited that from my Daddy but if you ever experienced a divorce that's one of the toughest phrases to bring up. I was finishing my last sentence when it finally hit 6:15, I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs. "Bye Mom. ", I said. But, I shut the door before she could say anything. The bus was taking off! I ran through yards and nearly nocked down morning joggers, at the same time trying not to get dog crap on my brand new Air Forces. At last, I hopped on the bus and we took off. I was casually scrolling though my for you page. Then, on the 2nd route we picked up a few more kids one to be my best friend since Kindergarten. "Hey, bro. ", said Bryan as he sat next to me. "Hey.", I responded. Good thing I took out my hoodie because it was about 40° outside. When we got off the bus and starting walking to homeroom, we noticed a girl taking the same route we were. " That must be the new girl for our class. ", I said. " Mhm.", said Bryan. We greeted Ms. Robins and sat down. The new girl sat in the very back corner of the class. "Charlie, no hoods in the building. ", said Ms. Robins. The new girl was wearing the same black hoodie I was, and slowly took the hood off; showing  long, beautiful ginger hair.