XII: my mind is running at a million miles per hour and it won't stop

Chapter Twelve
my mind is running at a million miles per hour and it won't stop.

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV

she didn't know what had happened because she was in the car, she didn't know about ward or the guy or anything that had happened. she had no idea and that hurt her but her mind kept drifting to other places all at once and she hated it. she hated where her mind went and where it made her go. she had been sitting in the car when the others jumped in and looked at her.

kiara started the car and canyon looked at the water that covered them and she sighed.

"what in the actual fuck happened?" she asked and they all turned to her as pope groaned out.

"kiara are you calling the cops?" canyon asked and kiara called the cops as she began to rant tirelessly to them and she sighed. canyon leaned her head on the seat as kiara and jj got back out of the car and pope stayed with her

"canyon whats going on with you?" pope asked and she turned to him

"my mind is running at a million miles per hour and it won't stop." she exclaimed and he looked at the girl in worry. he had never seen her so scared of anything, she was the sunshine girl and he was supposed to protect her but right now, he felt like he was doing a shitty job and there was nothing he could do about it.

"hey hey flower, look at me" he said and she sighed as she turned to him and made eye contact, she stared into his eyes as he looked at hers and they took a deep breathe together. he reached forward and he grabbed her hand as he held it close to him and let her breathe. 

"we'll be okay" he told her and she nodded as she leaned her forehead against his and they both sighed again. the doors opened again, jj and kiara got into the car and looked at the couple. they didnt want to admit that it hurt them , they both loved the couple but it hurt them to see that they could move on easily. 

the car started and they drove home, canyon didnt go home. she went to kiaras and they fell asleep together. canyon couldnt be alone not right now, she needed more support then she ever had and she knew that they all saw that. canyon was going through a mental breakdown and she couldnt stop it. 

she blamed herself, why wouldnt she? her and john b were like brother and sister. she loved him more then anything and even though he was alive, that didnt mean that it didnt hurt her or scare her.  she missed him more then life and she couldnt leave without him. she couldnt leave without the routledges boy love , care and support. 

she woke up the next day before kiara and she started to pace back and forth. the sun was rising but her mind was already racing, what if he never came back? what if he was gone forever, what if the bahamas was his new home and he would never be there for her again? she felt like she couldnt breathe, she couldnt think.