XVII: watch it, kelce

Chapter Seventeen

watch it, kelce   

3rd Person POV

they didn't hang out for a few days, they let john b and sarah handle their own things and let them think. they knew that it was hard but they knew that they couldn't do anything to help them but be there for them , close or far. it was dark now, canyon sat on the dock with kiara, pope , john b and jj. it was now the truth that john b and sarah had broken up. 

the sun had set and they all stared at the water, not in confusion or shock but more in the fact that sarah wasn't there and they all knew why. canyon laid her head in popes lap as she stared at the stars and he stared with her. 

"I don't get it. i don't " john b exclaimed and canyon grabbed his hand as she ran her thumb over his knuckles and tried to comfort him in the best way that she could. 

"love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain" pope said and canyon turned to her boyfriend and stared at him. she didn't know he felt that way but it made sense 

"okay so you two , this is a thing like its actually happening and I have to pay jj money" he said and canyon turned to pope 

"money?" she asked and john b smirked 

"yeah well, we sort of bet on you guys and jj won" he said and pope shoved his shoulder before they heard a whistle and they turned to see jj and kiara walking down to the dock with each other. 

"what are we talking about?" jj asked and canyon turned to the boy as he threw a beer to her , pope and john b. 

"how you and john b made a bet on us" canyon stated and jj chocked on his beer with a smile on his face making kiara laugh 

"john b you know its not your fault right. shes going to come back, shes one of us" kiara stated 

"sarahs a pogue. I'm gonna do a backflip" john b said and they all laughed.

"no shot" canyon stated and he backflipped into the water. they soon walked into the house and fell asleep. canyon woke up with kiara and pope before they woke up jj and john b. 

"come on, you idiots we have a geometry test this morning" she said and she shook them. they got up and got dressed before they left the house and went to school. they walked into class and canyon sat down next to pope as john b sat in his seat and jj did the same. kiara sat in front of them. 

"glad you could join us, just in time for your first quiz" the teacher said and john b turned his head towards canyon and pope. 

"I told you this morning right before we left" she whispered and jj shook his head at her words even though he knew that she was telling the truth. canyon began to work on the test and when the class was over, she separated with kiara as they walked to their class without the boys. 

soon after they got back to the chateau and canyon sat between pope and kiara as he read the diary to them and they all listened. he read it fastly enough for them to hear and understand but almost like a story. canyon could feel her brain vibrating, she felt like it was going to explode and she wanted it to stop. 

" this is too much for my brain" canyon groaned 

"it seems you ms. moon are in desperate need of a party and some alcohol tonight. bonfire, lets go" jj said and canyon shared a look with pope who shrugged 

"alright fine, lets do it" she said and she got in the twinkie with the others as they drove to the bonfire. canyon got out with pope and he wrapped his arm around the girl as they separated from john and jj. she watched kiara run off to a girl and hugged her. 

"okay well I need a drink, come on poppy" canyon said to pope and he followed after her as they went and got drinks. they grabbed the drinks and she shot-gunned one before she grabbed another one. she also grabbed a bottle of water to keep herself sober and somewhat on top of everything. 

she walked back over and sat down with pope as they stared at the fire together. she felt him run his thumb over her knuckles and she smiled at the sight of it before she looked up and saw sarah with topper. john b was with another girl and she sighed. 

"this isn't going to end well" she said to herself and then she leaned her head on pope as he sighed too. she waited for something to happen and it did. sarah walked over to john b as he stood with the girl and she looked at them. 

"I'm stopping this" canyon said and she hoped down from the wall as she walked over 

"watch it kelce" she said to the boy and he laughed as he shoved her aside and pope ran over to her. 

"I'm fine" she stated 

"whats up john b, you gonna kill me like you killed sheriff peterkin?" kelce said and john b turned as he punched the boy in the face. topper ran forward and hit john b, canyon turned to sarah as she got pushed and kiara came forward to. 

"move bitch, whats your problem?" kiara said and she pushed the girl into the crowd. canyon helped sarah up and then she ran with the others away from the sight of the fight.

she decided that going back to the chateau wasn't the best idea and so she went back home to molly and jackson. that's what she needed , she needed to be home and be happy. 

-ABBYS NOTES-

angry canyon makes my heart pound