𝟏𝟎. 𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐚.

The road was crammed up with traffic, the glorious sun dazzled its light over New York City, the mild wind fiddled with Fayra's off-white hijab, and her lengthy blue gown looking exasperatingly gorgeous on her, she fidgeted with her fingers over the black sling bag, myriads of thoughts smeared her mind.

❝ Not a word more, from tomorrow you will live here at your own expense!! ❞

These words kept shrieking in her ears, and a cracked smile made its way across her lips, his words were like a bullet piercing through her skin, whilst any of the other deeds that he did was any good to her.

She wandered towards an ice cream parlor, to earn and live at her own expense, she had no money left, and so walking to the ice cream parlor for work was the reasonable option she could think of.

Her mind played the scenes of last night, grinning at the kindness of dadi, tears of joy made their way towards her eyes, and her hands caressed her heart, whilst she strolled making her way to her destination.

Within ten minutes she arrived at her destination, her grey eyes gleamed with prosperity and tears, and the sequence of memories blurred her mind, whilst she took slow strides to reach a beautiful and cozy ice cream parlor.

It was engraved on the small blackboard on the top "Mr & Mrs. Johnson"
While below it was inscribed in bold letters, "The Ice Cream Parlor".

❝ What do you prefer to order? ❞ The familiar voice chimed from the counter, whilst an adorable smile made its way across Fayra's lips, discerning the person's voice, she clears her throat to gain the attention of an elderly woman in her fifties, wearing a beautiful short gown and apron around her waist, her brown short hair in a ponytail, the wrinkles on her face made it apparent across her cheeks.

The woman looked up from the phone, and when she finds no response from the customer she lifts up her head, her jet-black eyes encounter Fayra's grey eyes, she grinned brightly with tears of exhilaration flickering in her eyes.

❝ Fayra? ❞ comes an aghast voice from the background, Fayra spins immediately at the source of a manly voice, a smile already making her way on her lips as she catches a glimpse of a man around sixty years old, his grey hair and brown eyes made him look more impressive, and his tall figure and kind smile made him look young.

❝ Hi Uncle James & Aunt Emma ❞ whispered Fayra, taking Emma in a bear hug, whilst they both shed tears of happiness.
Mr. James Johnson and Mrs. Emma Johnson are a happily married couple, they own this Ice Cream Parlor and work to live their peaceful life.

James and Emma know Fayra for ages, this ice cream parlor was a getaway for Fayra from all the trauma, when Fayra used to work as a maid to earn money, she would often visit here just to meet James and Emma, now seeing her here made them optimistic to no end.

❝ I missed you teddy bear ❞ exclaims James, addressing her with the nickname that the couple adored calling her, Fayra's lips cracked into a smile, whilst Emma giggled at her innocence, Emma and James had no children, they always loved and cared for Fayra as their own.

❝ I missed you both to no end! ❞ whispered Fayra whispering, taking a seat on one of the benches and the couple followed.

❝ Umm.. Can I work here? ❞ Fayra blurted, her eyes clasping embarrassment, she never expected nor implored for anyone's help, but working here was something crucial that she needed money to survive, listening to her statement, Emma whacks Fayra playfully on her head, passing her the death glare to not utter something ridiculous again.

❝ Just stay with us teddy bear we will still pay you! ❞ said James, grinning brightly at Fayra, pulling her inside the shop, and Fayra smiled in gratitude, thanking the couple and vowing that she would work there and then earn her bread rightfully.

After an hour of chit-chat, whilst the couple got to know the whole story behind her unusual marriage, they felt sorry for Fayra, the poor soul went through a lot already.

The couple strode in to rest, leaving Fayra at the counter after she insisted that they rest for a while.

❝ Excuse me? Can I get chocolate- ❞ Fayra looked up at the source of the voice, glancing at the man whose face was concealed behind the black helmet, his black leather jacket, and his hands were enclosed in gloves, Fayra turns behind to glimpse a black expensive sports bike, she deflects her attention and gets back to the man who appears lost in ogling at her.

❝ How may I help you? ❞ questions Fayra politely, her eyes clasped in confusion, while she lingered for the man to utter something, but he was lost in her dark grey stunning eyes, that Man was swallowing in her beauty, his eyes lurking around her chest to back to her cherry lips, her brown skin made her more glamorous for anyone's eyes who know the actual meaning of beauty.

She felt anxious, she tried to catch his glimpse, she felt a bizarre vibe oozing out from him, yet he didn't divulge his face. He was flabbergasted at the beauty in front of him. His mind dimmed with unknown thoughts.

❝ Just be mine. I'll Make all your nights memorable beautiful! ❞ he muttered in a rough voice, Fayra shuddered, she heard him, and even though his voice wasn't obvious to catch, she heard him right.

She held the chair tightly, intimidated and alarmed at the Man, as the Man backed up, fading away in thin air, he was gone like a wicked reflection, who was he? The question had no answers.

Fayra felt like her breath ceased, her eyes gripped tears, she was frightened, her hands were quivering, her legs felt unsteady, she clutched onto the chair losing her balance, and her eyes got glued to the exact spot.

Who was he? She wanted to know, but he was gone, would he come back to torment her? Again no answers to her questions, who was she questioning, her questions were never valued nor were any answers meant to be given.

Just like any other form of evil, he was too gone like an evil reflection.

__________________________________