working woes [ ❥ ]

Erika gets home just a little after you wake. She tiptoes in through the door and pads quietly around the house just to be safe, but once she spies your smiling face from the bedroom doorway she abandons all attempts at stealth.

With a delighted laugh, she drops her bag with a loud thud and makes a beeline for you. You've barely got time to sit up and push the covers off of yourself before she's throwing her arms around you, and sending you both flying back down onto the mattress.

She peppers kisses across your neck and smiles as you squirm underneath her. Though it's only been a day since she'd last seen you, it might as well have been a month for how hard she's holding onto you as she shifts to straddle you over the blankets.

Wrapping your arms around her, you rub a hand up and down her back as you exchange muffled greetings. You kiss the crown of her head and it only makes her grow even more relaxed in your embrace.

"Not that I'm complaining, or anything", you ask softly, hugging her tightly to you as she cuddles into you. "But just how long are you gonna lay on me like this, baby?"

"For as long as you'll let me." Comes her tired reply. There's a smile on her lips that you can feel as she nuzzles into you, knowing you're not about to put a stop to her comfort as you only pull her closer.