Attachments

Once again, you woke up to knocking on your window. Rubbing your eyes, you pull back the curtains, revealing none other than a certain ginger, standing on your balcony. Again.

             "Go around front, I'm not climbing out of the window again," you told him, beginning to walk away.

             "Aw, not even a 'hello'?" He teased, still lingering around the window.

             "Go,"

             "Fine, whatever you want,"

             You opened the door, but he wasn't there. You stepped out of your house, looking for him. Someone tapped on your shoulder and you jumped a little.

"Wow, you sure are blind, aren't you?" He teased again, draping his arms across your shoulders. He peered over your head and into your house. "Also, no offense, but your house is kinda messy,"

             "I know, I know, but with commissions, I'm so busy, and I come home so tired..." You sighed, shrugging off his arm and beginning to walk towards the stairs.

            "I'll help you then. It looks like it's about to rain anyways," He told you, pulling you back by the collar of your shirt.

            "I don't need your help, I do need mora,"

            "I'll pay you double the mora you receive from your commissions, but only if you let me help you,"

            You crossed your arms, scowling. Sixty thousand mora... I have to admit, the offer is tempting.

            "Three times?" He continued to bribe you.

            "...Fine, you can help, whatever," you finally agreed, going back inside. He followed you into the house, wandering around the front room before splaying out on the couch.

            "So, what should we start with?" he asked from the couch.

            "Dishes. Put that Hydro vision to use," you told him, tying your hair up. "I'll dry,"

            "Wow, that's a lot of restaurant containers," he said, joking around.

            "Shut up and work. You don't need a mouth to clean dishes," you commanded him, shoving him towards the counter.

            "So mean," he laughed, picking up the first dish. We worked in synchrony, him washing the dishes, and you heating your hands just enough to dry them. Soon enough, you had cleaned all of the dishes.

            "Finally done," he sighed, relieved. You sat down on the couch next to him. He pulled you closer, your head thudding up against his shoulder.

           "What's the matter, Childe? Tired already?" you teased, looking up at him.

           "Not at all!" He smirked, sitting up a little. You slid down from his shoulder and almost to his lap. Fortunately, you propped yourself up and scooted to the opposite end of the couch. A flush spread up your face.

           "What's the matter, Y/N? Flustered?" He copied you smugly. He obviously knew what 'the matter' was.

          "Nothing! Now, come on, we've other things to do," you told him, dragging him towards your disaster of a room. A sharp knock on your door interrupted the two of you. It's probably the apartment kids ding-dong-ditching, but it wouldn't hurt to check, right? You walked towards the door, peeking out of the peep-hole. You didn't see anyone out there.