Chapter 1

Draft day...
Draft day.
It was finally here. All Ricky's life, all he had trained and worked for was here. His injuries had been a major set back, but hadn't lasted as long as the doctor had said.
Ricky had planned to leave college his first year but stayed two, to show scouts his body was fit for the NBA.
Three weeks prior to the draft Rick was back home with his family, excitement and the press occupied the time.
Ricky and his family, along with his agent Stuart and friends Alex Smith, Anthony Roberts and Connor Jackson from High school entered the Knicks arena- hosting the draft. Once there, they attended several press conferences and finally it was time to go to there table and find out where Ricky would spend his rookie season.
"Welome, to the this years NBA draft" beckoned the commissioner.
"Tonight, will be the begging of the young mens lives. Sit back and enjoy."
"oh, I will" mumbled Rick, with a voice crack to seal the deal.
"Remember that time we were sitting outside the school and that bum came up and gave us a lecture on life, and you said you wanted to be in the NBA, then he walked away after telling you that you wouldn't make it" said Connor.
"Absolutely" replied Rick "Its time to show those suckers who's wrong now!"
The two minute wait was over and the Knicks would now select who they wanted on their team.