3 | Mr Mean and Mr Leave

𐄂~Lilith's P.O.V.~𐄂

When I woke up, all I saw was darkness. I blinked a few times and the black became oak wood. I tried to lift my head to see what was around me, but it was too painful, so I laid back down onto the bed.

"Hello?" I asked. I needed to know if somebody was there. I didn't want to be alone, especially in a place I don't recognize. "Is anybody there?" I didn't hear anybody, but I felt like someone was here not too long ago. I took a deep breath and concentrated on my powers. If I gather enough of my energy, I could use it to heal myself. Then, when I felt something that I couldn't describe, I took advantage of the feeling and tried to make it grow bigger. I tried to get up again, but I didn't. I ended up floating above the ground instead.

"Huh." I said to myself. Too much. I dropped to the ground and landed on my feet. I looked around and didn't see anybody in the house. The feeling of somebody there still nagged at me though. I tried to focus on the feeling to figure out what exactly it was that I sensed. Then I saw something. I could just barely see it, but it was there, all right.

"What are you doing here?" Someone asked. The voice was a little faint like the speaker was farther away. I squinted my eyes to try and make out the figure better. The voice seemed familiar but I couldn't match the voice to the body. It was on the tip of my tongue, but not quite there yet.

"Lilith." The voice said. Hearing it again, I finally knew who it was, and I absolutely despised them.

"Rainbow Steve," I muttered angrily. "What do you want?" I asked.

"I want to know why you're here with Alizza, Sabre, and Galaxy Steve," He responded.

"I don't know why. I just woke up here."

"Then please, get out."

"Why?"
"I don't want you near Alizza or my friends."

"Who's Alizza anyway?"
"You don't need to know." Rainbow Steve stated. I scoffed.

"I'm not leaving because some rude guy wants to protect a stranger," I said angrily.

"She's not a stranger, so just leave! Please!" Rainbow yelled. I sighed and opened the door to walk out of the makeshift cabin. As I stepped out of the doorway, I saw a girl turn to me.

"Where are you going?" She asked. She had dirty blond hair in a ponytail that hung on her shoulder and bright green eyes.

"Out of here," I replied simply.

She stepped closer to me, confused, and asked, "Why?"

"I'm not wanted here."

"By who?"

"None of your business."

"Please?"

"No."

"I won't tell anyone, I promise. If there's someone evil here, we need to get rid of them."

"Fine..." I mumbled, giving up already. "Rainbow Steve told me to leave because he doesn't want me near his friends and Alizza...whoever that is..." I admitted. The girl stared at me with a surprised expression.

"Rainbow Steve is dead," She said.

"He is. He was never connected to the Spirit World correctly ever since Illusion Steve showed up. That's why we could talk and see each other. That's why he's here." I explained.

"We've gotta tell the others he's here!" Alex said excitedly.

"Don't tell Sabre and Alizza." Rainbow Steve said. Alex and I jumped in surprise, but I quickly recovered.

"Why not?" I asked, glaring at Rainbow Steve as he floated, suspended in the air.

"Alizza will go insane over it and the stress of that will make Sabre get worse..." Rainbow Steve said, hugging his knees.

"Wait-- what do you mean by worse...?" Alex asked. Rainbow Steve shook his head.

"Forget what I said about Sabre. Just promise me not to tell them or everything's gonna get worse than it already is, ok?" Rainbow Steve said. He looked genuinely concerned for his friends. I didn't know Rainbow Steve was capable of worrying, much less being nice.

"Ok. I promise." Alex said. I looked at the ground, not wanting to promise to someone who called me a traitor, of all things. Alex looked at me, silently pleading with me to promise too. I sighed.

"I promise not to tell them any of this..." I stated in monotone, rolling my eyes.

"Good. Now I need to leave before they see me. Bye," Rainbow Steve said and disappeared, leaving Alex and I alone and wondering what just happened.

☆~Galaxy Steve's P.O.V.~☆

I watched the girl and Plague Steve, leaving Sabre behind. When the loud lightning stopped, I saw what looked like.....nothing? Rainbow Girl ran over to Plague.

"What happened?!" Rainbow Girl asked. Plague Steve stumbled, probably tired, and straightened himself again.

"I don't know...I couldn't reach him..." Plague Steve said.

'Do you think you can try again?" The rainbow girl asked. That reminded me - I still didn't know their names yet. Plague Steve looked at Rainbow Girl and took a deep breath.

"I think so. Just give me some space for a little..." Plague Steve said. He looked a little dizzy but otherwise fine to me. Rainbow Girl stepped back and Plague Steve closed his eyes. Lightning hit Plague again and I was blinded for a few seconds. When I could see again, nobody stood there but Plague Steve and the rainbow girl.

"I'm sorry Alizza, but I can't get him...it's like he's in the Spirit Realm but not there at the same time. I-It's confusing but I just- I can't reach out to him. I'm sorry..." Plague Steve apologized. "I have to leave now, or else Sabre's gonna kill me," Plague said.

"W-Wait, what do you m-mean 'kill'?" The girl asked.

"I-I gotta go!" Plague Steve said and poofed away.