Chapter 4 - Past Forgotten, Future Focus

A/N - Theres the tinniest bit of angst, it's just flashbacks, though. Enjoy!!

(Rui's POV)

I was walking pretty quickly to the destination that I wanted to go to, since I didn't want to be caught again by Shiraishi and Azusawa. I was almost running, but I could hear Tsukasa's footsteps behind me, and they were pretty close and loud. Were we both running that much? He doesn't even know where I'm going. I personally think that it's super annoying going up and down the stairs just to get somewhere. Tsukasa and I literally just did an entire loop by going to Mizuki's dorm and back. All I really wanted to do was get a snack from the café, but I might as well just bring Tsukasa to the spot where I brought..Both of them..

(FLASHBACK)

(Rui,Mizuki)

____

"Hey, Mizuki.. Didn't you say you wanted to ask me a question-?"

"Ah! Right..How do I say this..?"

"Say what..?"

"I would like to be...Ya know, more than friends.. I am really in love with you!"

"Oh.. Mizuki.."

"Please, Kamishiro!"

"I'm sorry.. But I'm in love with someone else."

"But.. I'm much better than whoever you love, which should be me! You've known me forever..I know your type....Right?"

"No. Like I said-"

"Just shut up and date me already, you asshole!"

"Mizuki..!?"

Mizuki tackled Rui, making them on top of the other. Rui's expression made him look disgusted with Mizuki, so he pushed them off and tried running away and far from the gates of the courtyard, which he successfully did. Mizuki was alone, crying to themself. They realized what they did, since now they had no friends left.

____

(Rui, Nene)

"Rui...Are you sure we won't get caught here?"

"Of course not, I've brung other people here before-"

"Oh..Alright."

"Is something wrong, Nene?"

"Not at all?"

"Alright. Well, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

"..Can you...Please, be my girlfriend. You're so nice, smart, and pretty..."

"Rui... Never say that again.. We've been childhood friends, and that's just...Weird!"

"Weird..?"

"You're weird, Rui.. I need to decline your offer.. Bye.."

Nene ran off to leave Rui there, looking at the moonlit sky, by himself. It was another tragic day for Rui, but he got over it by staying there for a quite while. Nobody found him, and nobody wanted to.

____

(END OF FLASHBACK)
(Tsukasa, Rui)

Nothing bad will happen, right? third times a charm! I really do have hope for this time.. Tsukasa is the only person I've felt like this for... He's beautiful. Everything a person like me wants.. I need him forever. He's the one the confessed, right? Surely this is the good time! As I was thinking to myself, we both made it to the courtyard, as I led Tsukasa to the courtyard gates. Nobody could see us here, unless you'd be out of the campus and ahead.