1

Third Person P.O.V:

Start of September of 6th Year

Pansy's fingers thumped against the wood of her desk as she watched a certain Ravenclaw in the front row. Their nose was buried in their textbook as they tried to keep up with the Professor.

The Ravenclaw in question? Y/n Y/l/n.

Y/n felt the burning stare like she was an ant being put under the light of a magnifying glass. She tried her best to act like it didn't bother her and held back the human urge to look back at the intimidating Slytherin.

This wasn't an uncommon occurrence for the two, it's been going on for quite some time. Far too long actually...

Since the third year.

Y/n didn't know why it started, and she was too nervous to ask. Honestly, she was scared to know the answer. Whether it be good or bad.

Pansy was an enigma to Y/n and even her closest friends. People asked more questions about her than they did about Moaning Myrtle,

Y/n couldn't even talk about it with anyone else, somehow Pansy always found out when someone was talking about her. It was a weird sixth sense she had...or she bugged the entire school, both were possible in the Ravenclaws mind.

Y/n was lucky enough to be on good terms with Pansy, enough to never be a target for her bullying to the other Muggle-born girls in the other houses.

She celebrated quietly from time to time when Pansy would walk past her and bully the girl behind her instead. Y/n did feel bad for whoever was behind her though.

Now Pansy is a whole different ballgame. She didn't stare with hatefulness or anger, but...

Confusion.

She found Y/n...intriguing to say the least.

The Ravenclaw was very introverted and knew how to stay in the shadows of a school filled with spotlight personalities.

She had friends but didn't spend a ton of time with them, but they seemed to love her just the same.

Y/n never gave Pansy a reason to hate or like her, so she let the girl be on her own for the most part.

Even though she's a Mudblood. A dirty creature,

Yet, Pansy kept her distance but always kept a close eye on her.

Why?

It is quite obvious, isn't it?

She had grown very fond of the muggle-born during the years, finding her dazzling smile and laughter oh so very alluring.

If her parents ever found out about her admiration towards Y/n, she would be shunned. Exiled. Thrown overboard. Whatever you want to phrase it.

And she couldn't even bring herself to think of what they could do to Y/n. Purebloods have always been dangerous, she should know.

Pansy had found herself trying to be friendly, but she had become too stubborn in her ways. Even during the summers, as her parents pushed her onto different Pureblood boys, she couldn't help but think back on the Ravenclaw.

She even debated sending her a message on social media or asking around for her number, but she always backed out in the end.

As the mix of her head and heart caused even more confusion throughout the years, Draco had begun to notice and tease her playfully for it.

Speaking of which...

Pansy felt a tap on her leg, causing her to look over at the blonde. His grin made her eyes roll.