Chapter 22

I couldn't believe my fucking eyes

It's as if God wants us to keep bumping into each other. But for what though? We have nothing to talk about or come to Jesus about. We're better off not even being in the same space.

Unfortunately, we can't get off the boat now.

"Trippy, how odd it is to see you here...all by your lonesome. Then again, it could be common for someone like yourself," he chuckles as he sips on his beer.

Just because I'm at the table by myself doesn't mean I'm alone but he can continue with these jokes. I'm gonna try to take the advice Kyra's manager gave me and keep it pushing.

"Alright, that was good one coming from someone whose wife could possibly set the boat on fire with her breath alone. Don't you need to go pull her away from an open bar or do you not know she's there?"

Well, I guess Lina's advice just flew right on out the window.

Cam's spit take hits Davin in the face and he looks shocked. Cass' jaw drops and she's looking between the two tables, surprised.

Davin steps away from the table and scowls at me on the way to the bathroom. Not my fault that his wife got some issues she needs to resolve and he can't handle it.

"Aw, come on, man. Dust that salt off your lap!" I shout, watching him stomp off.

They're so right. Laughter is the best medicine. That surely did make me feel better. Now, I'm chill and I can continue eating my food.

"What up, Tripp? Good to see you again," Cam compliments but it doesn't phase me.

Speaking of wives, where's mine? She's been gone for the longest time. She left as soon as she realized that we were sitting near them, saying she was gonna check what was upstairs and find seats up there.

Kyra left me here to watch Journee get pissed off and walk away from all of them. Could've been because Cass intruded on them and took her drink but it looked deeper than that, like there's something going on between her and Pretty Boy.

Either way, it ain't none of my business.

Going back to my dinner and waiting on Kyra, I hear a thick sarcasm coming from that girl's best friend.

"He said that it was good to see you. Can you not hear or something?"

Can't lie here. It's not so good to see or hear any of them so I made no comment. Had nothing else nice to say so I kept my mouth shut but she's pushing it.

Honestly, Cam's crossed over to the dark side and couldn't give two shits about his best friends so there was no need in acknowledging him like that anymore. It's like we had a fake acquaintance between two business partners who needed something from each other. He's changed and so have I.