Chapter 3

2 DAYS, MIAMI, FLORIDA, NICKI'S POV

Seeing Destiny's face for two days and dealing with her attitude was becoming a free ticket to jail. Sometimes I want to wrap my hands around her throat and give it a good long squeeze. For two days straight we've been arguing. I'm twenty-eight years old I shouldn't have to argue with a teenager. So today is the day I enroll Destiny in school.

"Nicki please! I can't go to school! My whole life I have been home schooled," Destiny cried. I ignored all of her pleas and continued checking my email as we drove to the middle school. I was enrolling Destiny in John Hart Middle School. It was the best middle school in Miami.

"I'm not getting out," Destiny protested as we arrived to the large building.

I turned to her and grabbed her wrist tightly," Look little brat you're going to quit whining and get your ass out this car. I will not say it again." She snatched out of my grip and yanked open the door and slammed it afterwards. "Destiny come here!"

"What," she yelled while throwing her hands in the air.

"You better fix that attitude before we go in there. I will not be embarrassed because of you." She rolled her eyes and stomped a few feet ahead of me.

Once we entered the building, the hot Miami weather was changed to cool a/c. I took my shades off and threw them in my purse. After looking at the signs Destiny and I proceeded down the long hallway to the front office.

"May I help you," the secretary asked as we approached.

"Yes I have a meeting with Ms. Wright," I replied.

"Name please."

"Nicki Maraj." Her eyes quickly shot up from the computer screen and onto me. The excitement in her eyes were evident but she kept it classy.

"Excuse me Ms. Maraj while I go get Ms. Wright." I smiled gently at her and watched as she walked away. When she was out of ear shot I turned towards Destiny.

"You need to fix your face." Destiny held a scowl on her face that made me want to punch it off.

"Why don't you leave me alone," she snapped back.

Before I could snatch her up the secretary appeared with a tall dark skin woman. "Ms. Maraj you can follow me to my office," Ms. Wright said.

I let Destiny walk first before following afterwards. As we reached the office Ms. Wright held the door for us and motioned for us to sit. Once she closed the door we both drop the charades.

"Girl you were good," I said once Yolanda took a seat.

She laughed, "I did look professional." We both shared a light laughter. Yolanda has been my best friend since I moved to Miami when I was fifteen. In high school it was her, her cousin Nicole, Gabrielle, and me. Each of us grew to be successful and grew to be sisters.

"This must be your daughter Destiny."

I sucked my teeth, "Yeah, this is her."

"Hey Destiny, I'm Ms. Wright the principal of John Hart," Yolanda said holding her hand out. Destiny looked at Yolanda's hand then rolled her eyes.

"Excuse her. She's not excited about going to school. She's been home schooled her whole life." I glanced at Destiny giving her a deathly glare. She responded by rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"Well Destiny I assure you there is nothing to worry about. John Hart is the best middle school in Miami."

"Whoopee-do," Destiny replied. Yolanda pursed her lips tightly and gave me a 'get your daughter' type of look. Growing up Yolanda demanded respect from everyone that's why she became the principal.

"Yo-yo can we just get her schedule and supply list." Yolanda eyed Destiny before getting two sheets of paper.

"Thank you. She'll be seeing you on Monday."

"Mhmm," Yolanda replied.

After leaving the school I took Destiny supply shopping and grabbed something to eat for both of us. The whole time Destiny gave me attitude but today I was done with her.

"Destiny what the hell is wrong with," I asked once we entered the house.

"You're my problem! You don't listen!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Nicki I have been home schooled my whole life. I have never been around other children and I like it like that!"

"Well I don't care you're going to school. So quit with the attitude!" She let out a scream before storming up the stairs. My frustration got the best of me and I let out a scream and stormed to my room.

As I sat down on my bed my phone began ringing. I searched for it through my big ass purse. I rummage through my purse and finally got my phone.

"Hello," I answered with much attitude.

A familiar heart warming chuckle was let out, "Bad day?"

I blushed and my whole demeanor changed. "You could say that."

"It's alright. Wanna tell big daddy what's wrong." I paused I couldn't tell Brent that Destiny was here. He knew about Destiny but he didn't like kids. Destiny attitude problem definitely wouldn't help the situation.

"Hello, Nick?"

"Oh sorry! Mother nature is being a bitch."

"Oh that's too bad. I'm coming in town this weekend."

"This weekend? I thought your business trip was three months long."

"Yeah it was but the trip was cut short. My boss got sick."

"Yay! Can't wait," I replied although my thoughts were swarmed with vulgar language.

"Babe I have to go. Just wanted to tell you the great news."

"Kay babe. Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up. What am I going to do with Destiny?

NEXT DAY, MIAMI, FLORIDA, SALT RESTAURANT, NICKI'S POV

"So how's things going with Destiny," my best friend Nicole asked. Nicole, Gabrielle, and I went out to eat for lunch.

"She's a pain in the ass. Her attitude is gong to get me put in jail."

"I say send her to boarding school," Gabrielle said.

"Ya'know that doesn't sound too bad."

"Nicki you have to understand this going to take time. Destiny is adjusting to having a mom in her life. Plus she just lost her dad," Nicole said.

"I don't care. I feel like it was mistake taking her in. And Brent is coming in town and you know he hates kids."

"Well what are you going to do," Gabby asked.

"I was wondering if maybe one of you can babysit until I tell Brent."

"Count me out. You know I don't like her," Gabby said.

I turned my attention towards Nicole. She shrugged, "I'll do it."

I smiled, "Great. Now I just need to find a way to tell Brent." Both of them looked at me as I became deep into thought.

I gasped, "I got it!"

COMMENT/VOTE PLEASE (PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO UPDATE BECAUSE I KNOW I TO UPDATE) SPOILER: ONCE BRENT ENTERS THE SCENE LOTS OF DRAMA WILL HAPPEN

P.S SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES I'LL GO BACK AND EDIT SOON

----> (L TO R) NICOLE, YOLANDA, AND GABRIELLE ON THE RIGHT