Chapter 3

I will try to publish once a week.
*****

I get off stage and the manager of the restaurant shows waves me over. Huh? Anthony is usually here by now.

I walk over to the counter. The manager is named Marco but he likes to go by Mikey. Tall heavy set man with blue eyes. "Yes sir?" I ask.

"Great show tonight kid. Your brothers not here so I am gonna give you your tips. $230 not bad kid not bad. See ya next week." Mikey hands me the money discretely and begins to clean up.

$230? Anthony said I never made over $90 before....is this the first time I make over a hundred?

"Mikey? How much do I usually make?"

"Hmm don't keep count kid, but let me think. Uh, over $200 usually." Mikey throws his cleaning rag over his shoulder has he begins to search for something under the bar.

So, he has been stealing from me. I put the money away and begin to.pace a bit. Why? Doesn't he make enough fucking money? He is a high official, has his own house gets money from the government from me! Which I get an allowance for! Ugh!

I am going to yell at him when I see him! I storm off and head to the bus station outside. Its 1am the bar is a little sketchy but its a quick walk to the bus station around the corner.

I see my brothers car round the corner. He stops right in front of me. "You're late. Also what the fuck, your stealing from me?" I yell at him.

"Hey, Yarazeth no. What? Watch your language I am your older brother you have to respect me. Now get in the car."

"Then what have you been doing with the money?" I open the car door an get in. I want a good explanation.

"Been placing it in a high yield savings account for you. I was gonna surprise you. Geez." He huffed out. But the passed look on his face says different. Clenched jaw overly calm eyes, something is up.

"I have another gig for you tonight."

"What? Its 1am Anthony. No." I refuse. Anthony begins to drive towards the highway away from the school. I hear something rattling in the back seat. Its my stuff!

"You need to explain whats going on now!" I scream and kick me feet.

Anthony is silent. Its starting to scare me. "What are you gonna do?" I glare.

"I owe someone. You are gonna help me." He glares right back at me. I stay silent, he has hit me before, I don't want to get hit again. I sigh and take a deep breath. Relax he's our bother he won't hurt us. I look out the window.

"I see you judging me." I hear him say. I look at him and he punches me in the face! I hit the window and hold my cheek. Fuck! What did I do? I see white and ears ring. Suddenly I am back in the car. Are we still on the high way?

Did I black out? My mouth tastes like acid. My cheek and teeth string. Fuck it hurts!

"You have it easy, you fucking bitch. Cry and I will hit you again!" My brother pulls my hair and pushes me into the window.

I hold back my tears of pain. My body is screaming to get way from him. "You hear me!"

I nod quickly and turn as away from him as I can. Deep breaths freak, deep breaths you can't cry now. Pretend to sleep. He won't hit you if your asleep!

***

I feel a slap to my head it jolts me and I open my eyes! Why did he hit me now? "Get out!"

"Please don't leave me, I will be good. I will good I promise." I beg him. I see a large brown house with lots of woods surrounding us. Is he gonna kill me? This isn't his house is it?

At the top of the stairs is an old man looking at the car. Who is he? "Get out!" Dad-- I mean Anthony opens the door and pushes me out. Then gets out himself. He opens the back door and throws the boxes of my things out of the car.

"Anthony please! Whats going on?" I ask crying now.

"Heh heh, well well you must be desperate to give me your sister huh boy." The older man walks down the stairs to us.

"You sold me? I hate you! I hate you! I wish Yesenia took me she was always better than you!" I scream at my brother why didn't I stay with her? I should have picked my sister.

Anthony lunges at me and the man pins him to the car! So fast! "Brothers should not hurt their sisters." The man sneers at him. Before letting him go. My vision blurs.

"I will take good care of her. Pay me back what you owe me in 6 months and you're never allowed to see her again she's mine now." I can't see the man's face but I don't like his voice.

"Deal." No hesitation. I fall backwards and see that one of my RJ's was on the pavement too.

"Pleasure doing business with you Sargent." They shake hands and the man collects my boxes. Anthony gets in his car. I run after him. "Wait please! You can't leave me here! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please forgive me! I'm sorry!" I scream as the car pulls away making me fall.

The tall man catches me. "Careful. Come on, I don't hurt children."

I see he is carrying all 3 boxes in one hand. Something about this guy looks familiar. He pulls me inside the house. I feel too numb to cry.

Its clean, two very large couches that make a L shape. Right in front of the front door is a spiral staircase to the second floor. The TV is on the sports channel and I see someone in the kitchen. What's he gonna do with me?

They are wearing black headphones. The man closes and locks the door. And puts my boxes on the floor. I stare at him having a better look.

He is slim man but well-built considering he took Anthony down easily. He has short, coarse-looking dark hair that reached to his neck he also has a familar looking jawline.

"Yarazeth? What are you doing in my house?" Levi's voice! I look over to him he's headphones are around his neck and he looks like he just finished working out.

I am so glad to see him! I run over and hug him. "You're hurt. Kenny what did you do?" He pulls me close, shielding me.

"To her? Nothn' brat. Her bother gave me her. Her money is mine she's mine." Kenny laughs lowly. "Not that I care for it. So, this is the girl you told me about." I hear him step closer to us!

I don't let go of Levi. I'm scared if I do I will cry. Levi looks at me and gently pulls away. He stands in front of me keeping me away from Kenny.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not gonna take her money. Ms Yarazeth think of us as your host family. You're brother is paying me back for a favor. You are collateral." Kenny tries to move closer but Levi blocks his way.

I can't take this. I'm so dizzy. I fall over, everything is all white...