Chapter 1

"Come on America we're going to be late for the reception!" Maxon says. "Maxon I can't run in heals," I say as Maxon starts pulling me towards the dining hall. Everyone's here, I see Marlee, Kriss, Elise, Natalie and all the selected girls. I see my mom, Gerad, May, and Kenna and her family. I wish Celeste was here. "Announcing King Maxon and Queen America of Illéa!" a nearby guard shouts. The gigantic double doors open and everyone starts clapping and shouting. Maxon leans in and whispers in my ear, "I love you America Schreave." "And I love you Maxon Schreave." Then he turns and gives me a strong, deep kiss. I start melting. "May I have this dance my dear?" Maxon says with a charming smile. "First of all I am not your dear and second I would be honored," I can feel my self start to blush. Maxon takes my hand and it feels like we're dancing for hours. Just us two. And I knew I was ready for this. I was ready to be Maxon's wife and Illéa's queen. We finished dancing, "I think people are waiting for us to talk to them," I said whispering in Maxon's ear. "I think so too," he says. "Okay I'll come find you in a little bit,"
I say walking toward my family. "Oh America you look stunning!" Says my mom. "Oh I've missed you guys so much. I'm glad you'll be living very close!" I say with a huge grin. "Well I'll talk to you guys later. I'm going to go talk to Gavril about the surprise!" I walk over to Gavril and he says, "Oh your Majesty you look amazing as always!" I chuckle. "Thank you Gavril.
Is everything ready for me to sing to Maxon?" I ask. "Of course!" He says playfully. "Thank you." I say.
As I go to turn around I see Kriss and she's hanging all over Maxon. What is she doing!! Doesn't she know we're married?!? My eyes start welling up my first instinct is to run out of the room! As I'm running I hear Maxon shout,"America wait!" I don't look back I keep running I have to hide. I run outside and find the maze. When I get there I plop down and start to cry. How could she do this? I thought she was my friend. I hear Maxon running and screaming "America where are you?! Please America!" I look up at Maxon standing right in front of me. He takes my hands and says,"America I'm so sorry please forgive me." "Why was Kriss doing that?" I say as tears spill out of my eyes. "I don't know she's probably jealous." Maxon says. All of a sudden the rebel alarms go off. "America come on we've got to get to a safe room!" said Maxon as he helped me up. We got to the door and I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Maxon Help!" I shout. Maxon was already in the safe room. I was pulled back by a man with a tight grip. "America NO!" Screams Maxon. Suddenly I'm hit on the head and everything goes black.

A/N AGH okay that was it! I hoped you guys liked it! I'll try and update it soon tell me what you guys think!