01|01

The story of Fire and Blood told many important histories of the ancient house, Targaryen. But what it failed to mention was this...

Pᴀʀᴛ 1

A shadow flew over the city of Kingslanding. A shadow of fire made flesh.
And sat upon it, a silver haired girl, wearing colours of black and green.

The 'Crimson Beast', as she was known, skimmed the rooftops with her underbelly as they advanced towards the Dragon-Pit. The houses shook from the mere speed of the dragon, she was afterall, the second fastest in Westeros.

The orange hue of the sunrise highlighted the golden saddle that the Princess sat upon, and the she dragon landed within the pit.

Several dragon keepers surrounded her and assisted the girl down. As her dragon was even bigger than dreamfyre, and an injury she suffered when she was a child made it slightly difficult dismount.

The red dragon began to retaliate against the keepers as they got too close.

The girl walked up to her, with an arm outstretched, "Lykiri Valax... lykiri."

"Sagon gida darilaros."

"Valax kessa daor odrikagon nyke." She was right, Valax would never harm her, no matter how untamed she appeared to be.

"Princess." The girl looked away from her dragon but continued to run her hand across its snout, as she saw Ser Criston upon his horse.

"Ser Criston." She stated, turning back to Valax as the dragon nudged her slightly.

"Your mother wishes to see you."

The Princess rolled her eyes, "If the Queen wants to see me, then tell her that I don't need her lapdog to carry the message."

She knew her mother didn't like the Dragon-Pit, much less the dragons, but not as much as she didn't like the Knight in front of her.

"Her grace does not-"

"Why does she want me?"

"There is a matter involving the heir of Driftmark."

She faced the floor at the memory of her nephews, "Lucerys...? Is he alright?"

"That was all the Queen told me." He replied shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"By the Gods..." Worried about the news, she pressed her forehead against the side of her dragon, "Geros ilas Valax." She turned to the keepers, "Mazverdagon ziry iksos judan toli."

"Kessa zaldrizes darilaros." She smiled at the compliment and left the Pit on her horse with Criston escorting her.

Walking through the Redkeep she received many looks of disapproval. She was covered in ash, from messing around with Valax's fire while flying, and she also smelt of dragon... Not a well approved appearance in the castle.

"Ser Criston, inform the Queen that I will be with her after I have cleaned up."

"Yes princess."

She opened her chamber doors and turned to close them.
As she faced her room, a tall figure pushed her against the door with their arms either side of her, "Rytsas."

"Hello to you to... brother."

She looked up at her one eyed sibling and smiled slightly.

"You play with fire too often Maehla." He said taking a piece of her ash covered hair in his hand.