The Love Story

It was the annual ball, the ball of winterthorn, every aristocratic family was to arrive at this ballroom. At the arrival of King Francis, everyone bowed, curtsied and greeted the king. King Francis had laid eyes on Rosaline, his sister, Rosalind's lady in waiting, who is new to the royal court, he had never felt something so lovely, Rosaline curtsied to king Francis, "Your grace, my name is Rosaline Cohen, as I am very grateful to be at the court and be your sister's lady." Rosaline said. What Francis didn't know is that Rosaline fell in love with him too. "It is my pleasure to meet you, Rosaline." 'Queen Rosaline', he thought. "I would like us to dance to the music," he said. "Of course your majesty if it may be your pleasure." She walked to dance with him. They danced to the music so perfectly. Rosaline curtsied and walked back to his sister's side. His sister Rosalind said "It seems his majesty may be infatuated with you." She jokes around with rosaline. "Oh me, possibly couldn't happen, isn't he wedded already, i would do no such thing to the queen." Suddenly the door of the ballroom burst open and Queen Catherine who everyone despised walked in, everyone looked at her then curtsied. Queen Catherine demanded to see Francis immediately. He accepted because he wanted to divorce the queen, he wanted to wed rosaline. "Catherine-" then he was interrupted by her. "Francis, I know you want to divorce me, I do too, we shall stay true friends, I loved you once but now it is someone else I have affection for." Francis was calm, "You will now have the title of Duchess, and in respect I still have for you, I will prepare a carriage for you and your lover to go to Edinburgh Castle, I have loved you but it's time to go, you are still welcome to the court." Queen Catherine curtsies. "Thank you for the opportunity of being queen." Catherine walks out of the chamber saddened by all the memories, like their wed but now it all just had ended. But she at least had a chance with love. He then walked back into the ballroom, looking for Rosaline to find her dancing with the other maids of his sister rosalind. He saw her joyful self. The next morning was fine. Rosaline got dressed and then went to Princess Rosalind's chamber to dress her for the family morning meal. Rosaline and the other ladies walked behind Princess Rosalind to the dining hall. King Francis was at the dining hall, "Look who is here." Rosalind giggles, Rosaline nervously sits down.

The next few hours, it was princess Rosalind's wedding, the ladies in waiting wore black dresses that were absolutely gorgeous. While the princess wore an ivory dress with a cathedral train with an ivory veil. She walked into the cathedral with her maids and her flower girls and boys. Rosalind had married Maximilian of Barry. They were madly in love. Francis and Princess Rosalind's other brothers had entered formally. Then they all walked out and went to the ballroom to dance. Now it was a masquerade ball. Rosaline put on her mask and she knew that she had to confess her love for king Francis. She walked around the dance hall, but she did not know he was behind her. She walked and walked, Francis pulled arm and spun her around. Rosaline was confused about who had spun her. She finished spinning and turned to look, It was francis! '' She said in a quiet tone "Can we talk, majesty." He didn't quite hear what she had said but he had agreed hoping it was a question. They walked upstairs to the balcony. "I cannot help it anymore, yes i am in love with you and i cannot help it." She walked away quickly. "Rosaline, come back." Rosaline turns back at francis. "What could it possibly be you want?" she says frustrated. King Francis walks to her. "I am in love with you, the only best thing i possibly could have is your love, my heart beats when i see you, i cannot spend a second without thinking of you." Rosaline is deeply in shock. "You must be joking, your majesty? He walked to her, "I never lie." He kissed her. "And what about your wife?" "I divorced." "He proposes to her. "Oh my, of course." "Great!" "Am I to be queen?" "Yes, my queen." He bows to rosaline and she curtsies. They danced all night. The next morning she woke up to 5 ladies next to her bed. She woke up in confusion. "Your majesty, we are your ladies in waiting now. We shall introduce ourselves." "I am margaret." "Hello Margaret." Rosaline says awkwardly. "And their names are Joan, Eleanor, Elizabeth, and your first cousin margot." they all curtsied. Rosaline got up from her bed in her nightgown. "The king would like to have an audience with you." Margot said, "Of course, of course, I am to visit him." The ladies got her ready in a purple-goldish gown. They walked Rosaline to the great hall. "You shall leave and come at probably noon." The ladies curtsied and left. Rosaline looked at francis. "Was it you who gave me the ladies?" "Yes, my dear." "I have sent a letter to your family, they were happy." "My dear Francis, I have already received my wedding gown from my mother, it is gorgeous." "That is great, come come." She walked to francis. Francis kissed her forehead, "I love you deeply." " I do love you so." "I got to go now." Rosaline curtsies to her future spouse and walks away. The ladies come and walk her to her chamber. "Ladies, I am very thankful because I am to be wed. I grant you the permission to walk me down the aisle." The ladies whisper in excitement "We shall accept the offer." The ladies and rosaline were very excited, They started dancing and spinning each other. The next morning Rosaline heard her mother and siblings were here. She got ready and visited them at the great hall, she walked with Francis, and her ladies. Her sister Jane was more immature than catalina. She spun around the king and acted silly. While catalina, the second oldest, greeted in a nice manner, and she curtsied. Her mother Diane greeted the king and curtsied. Then they gave rosaline bridal gifts. Then they left in their carriage. "I cannot believe I'm marrying the king, yes yes the king, i pray to god for healthy healthy children!" The ladies dressed her, then put on the bridal veil. The ladies put on their black dress and black bergeres. While the king was getting ready as well. The invited guests sat down waiting for the wedding. Then the bridesmaids and the groomsmen walked down the aisle together and went their separate ways. Then the king walked in formally. Music started playing and then Rosaline walked in with her ladies. She walked next to francis. "We are here to celebrate the future matrimony of king francis and future queen rosaline of the united kingdom, now we wish for them to have many healthy children. Now they will say their vows." The officiant pours holy water on them. They kneel down and bow their heads. "Now Francis, you may say your vows." "I am to be a faithful spouse to my rosaline, and I wish that we have many healthy children." Now Rosaline shall say her vows." "I am to be a faithful spouse, queen and loving mother to our future healthy children, and that i live a good reign when i am queen." "Now, now rise." They both rise. ''Now kiss each other." Francis raises her veil and pecks her. Everybody cheers as they walk down the aisle to the balcony. "Francis, my dear, you have made me so happy, I don't care when my coronation is." "Your coronation should be when you want it." "Hmmm. What about.....on my birthday. It is only 5 months away, May 5th, 'Oh my sweet, we are meant to be together, the people have spoken and have said we are soulmates." "We are to rest together at night, Francis, would you be happy with male heirs and female heiresses?" "Yes of course, I have always once dreamed of a family."