The Venerable One Adopts his First Child

All they need is someone who cares,

Someone they can trust,

Or grief will sweep them away like dust.

Years after living a life away from the cultivation world, Chu Wanning and Mo Ran had been wandering around the continent, helping the poor left and right. It had become their place to live after all those years at Sisheng Peak.

"Ah. Shizun, shizun, this venerable one would like to have a cup of tea." Mo Ran whined, sitting on the riverside.

"Mo Ran, will you keep your mouth shut?" Chu Wanning grunted while erecting a protective barrier around the town.

Not too long, they heard an infant's cry. Both of them search around where the sound came from. They noticed a tattered basket floating above the water. The infant's cry came from the same direction. "Mo Ran!" Chu Wanning called but Mo Ran already acted on his own. He flew on his sword and sped off towards the crying sound. A large water serpent emerges from the water and is about to attack Mo Ran and the infant. While being in an awesome temper, Mo Ran summon Jungui and cut off the serpent's head with one swift attack. The water moved violently and almost ate the little child floating. Mo Ran was fast enough to catch the little one and flew back to the side.

Amazing, the infant seemed to know he was not into noisy little beings, so it had fallen silent.

"You're scaring him." Chu Wanning reprimanded and took the child with a blue and pale face in Mo Ran's arms.

"You're scarier than me, Shizun." True to his words, the pale little kid wailed loudly and inconsolably in Chu Wanning's arms. The child's face even went paler and paler as he cried in Chu Wanning's arms. Mo Ran was rolling on the ground with waves of laughter.

"Mo Ran!" Laughing, the venerated one took the child from Chu Wanning's arm and raised him carefully to the air. "Hahahaha! Good job! Want this awesome one right? Right? His venerable one is at your service! Wahahahahhaha!"

Chu Wanning squinted at him and looked so murderous right now. Seconds after cooing with the child, the latter finally giggled and laughed at Mo Ran. The child had been reaching for Mo Ran's face for a pat. Setting him close, Mo Ran made a nose-to-nose gesture to the child making it giggle even more.

"Binghe." He hears Chu Wanning from the said, "his name is Binghe." Then pulls the only dry blanket from the tattered baskets.

"Binghe..." Mo Ran happily chirped, "this venerable one's Binghe!"

And so, the couple took the child with them.

However, they were wrong about child-rearing!

"You little puppy! Let me have some sleep!" Mo Ran whined helplessly. It's been a month since they took the child in. Although, the other Mo Ran can dote and take care of this child without batting an eye, his Eminence, the supreme Mortal Emperor, CAN NOT!

Chu Wanning took the child from Mo Ran and gave him a "you're so lame" look. Binge seemed to like Chu Wanning more and more and often go into tantrums in the venerated one's arms. While the soft-hearted Mo-Zongzi takes the ranks, Emperor Mo Ran cannot.

"Switch with the other if you cannot take care of him."

"Shizun, Shizun, are you telling this Venerable one to switch and disappear? I haven't had my fill yet!"

"Shameless!" Chu Wanning deadpans and throws dagger glares at Mo Ran.

Who wouldn't get annoyed?! Mo Ran thought that raising a child won't be a problem. No one wants to adopt the child and sending him to Sisheng peak would mean he'll owe Xue Meng. No way! Doing work for that peacock is a pain in the ass! So, instead, he and Chu Wanning decided to care for the child. Crying in the middle of the night, sometimes in the middle of their passionate night. High maintenance and very very loud. Just keeping up with the boundless energy is no good for a senile old man like him. No one told him that having a child would be much worse than abstinence!