My Princess Chap.18

𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 24,2022

𝓝𝓪𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓸 𝓟𝓸𝓿

"Naruto—"

"I'm fine I just need some rest."
They looked at me with an unsure look which is fair but I really don't want to talk about it.

"Uh....It's getting late and I gotta wake up early for the virtual interview. Goodnight."
I headed upstairs leaving them. Ugh my head is starting to hurt. Why the hell did I get so nervous around him?

It felt as if we just met and fell back in love with him. It was like love at first sight. Fuck! Don't do this Naruto! Of course you'll feel this way he was my first love. But why? Why feel those feelings when I'm with someone else?

I changed to my pajamas and headed to bed.
What should I do? Is there even something I can do!? He's married for Christ sake! Don't go chasing a married man! For a second I actually thought of stealing Sasuke away from Sakura.

I'm a terrible person. Not only is he married but I'm also in a relationship! Naruto, you can't fuck up Sasuke's life. Not only that but Sakura really seem to like him. Imagine if the person she admires the most steals her husband. Now that would be a messed up story.

Right, I can't just think about myself. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If I were to run after Sasuke I would be hurting Sakura and Itachi. Itachi has been a great help to me and I can't just stab him in the back. Yeah, he was hella of a creep back then but he's mature and has helped me soo much. I can't loose him just for acting foolish.

I just gotta fight this on my own! I'll make sure to avoid him. I'm only staying for a week since I want to spend some time back in my hometown.

"How was the King's masquerade party?"

"It was great, unfortunately I had to leave early"

" Was it because of discovering the King's older brother with you?"

I saw this coming.

"Itachi, has been working alongside with me for some time now. He has been a tremendous help in the team."

"Why hide him from the public?"

"It was just easier that way. We didn't want unnecessary attention."

"Are you going to release any new merchandise?"

"Of course, we are currently working on a Fall Collection."

"Amazing! Last question, are you currently in a relationship?"

Damn, mind your business!

".....No comment."

"Uh...right umm..we'll have you consider on dating—"

"I'm sorry, but I have some other business to attend to. Thank you for having me."

"Oh! Of course! Thank you!"
I immediately closed the laptop and let out a long sigh.

"Why didn't you tell them you were with Itachi."
I looked at Pierre.

"It'll just cause more drama that I don't want. It's better to keep low."
He nodded as I stood up and stretched.

"Anyways, I'm going to go out for a bit. Let Itachi know that I'll be back. I just want to be alone for a bit"
He nodded as I headed out in my car. I decided to stop by a cafe that my parents used to take me when I saw little. Yup, still the same.

There were only 2 people inside the cafe. The smell of caffeine oh how I miss this place.
Once I ordered my coffee and dessert I sat on a window seat. This brings so many memories.

Suddenly someone sat in front of me. Seriously? There's literally so many other seats and choose to sit with me?!
Ugh, you know what I don't have the energy to argue. So I got up but stop when this man wearing a black hoody, glasses and a mask grabs my wrist.

"Excuse me—"

"Naruto, it's me."

Shit....
I slowly sat back down and looked around making sure no one was looking. And started talking to him in a whisper.

"Sasuke? What are you doing here?! How did you—"

"It doesn't matter. Naruto, I've missed you.."
Fuck.

"If we get caught being together it'll just cause problems."

"That's why I'm wearing all this."
My head is telling me to walk away but something else is telling me to stay.
He held my hand making me flinch.

"Naruto, I...I'm still in love with you."
What!?

"H-How could you say that when you're married?! You'll be hurting Sakura."
He sighed.

"It was an arranged marriage. We both didn't have much of a choice. Naruto, ever since you left all I thought of was seeing you again. I never forgot about you. You were always in my head."
Oh god.

".....How you been? You sound....terrible."
I did realize that his voice sounded a bit horse.

"Uh...not great. Ever since I saw you I just wanted to go look for you and bring you back into my arms."
He took off his sunglasses. He has really bad eye bags.

"You haven't been sleeping?"
Making eye contact makes my heart pound each time.

"No..."
My heart aches seeing him like this.

"It's hard being King. It's a big responsibility."

"Doesn't Sakura help?"

"Not really....she mostly goes out with her friend."
Why am I feeling guilty?

"Why don't you and Itachi talk and help each other out?"
Suddenly his grip tightened.

"We don't get along. On that note, are you really dating him?"
I looked down debating if I should lie or tell the truth.

"Yes, we are."
He put his head down letting out a sigh. I slid my hand out of his grip.

"Why? Why him!?"
He's voice started to get a bit loud.

"Shhh! Keep your voice down! Or I'll leave."

"I'm sorry, I've just wanted to say that...I'm proud of the person you've become. You've become successful.....Itachi was there to see you succeed. I wish I could've been in your journey."

"Sasuke, if I never had left I don't think I would've become successful. You...wanted to marry me so soon and keep me in the castle. Don't think I didn't notice your possessive side. You wanted to keep locked up, am I right?"
He stood silent for a bit.

"I'll be honest with you. Yes, I did. I was scared someone was going to take you away from me so I wanted to put a ring on it before it was to late. Is it bad that I wanted you all to myself?"
He's not getting it.

"Sasuke, I think it's best to say that we're better off as friends."
I could see his eyes tearing up, he quickly puts his glasses back on.

".....Th-Then can we still message? As friends of course...."
I don't know about this.

"Only as friends."
I repeat.  He nodded and got his phone out. I decided to give him my number.

"If you act more than a friend, I'll block you."
He nodded, I could tell he was smiling behind the mask.

"I should get going."
I get up and walk out.

Was that the right thing to do?