spider bite!

Spider Bite!

It was a cold morning.  Reggie pulled the covers up over his head. “Oh my gosh I do not want to get up this morning,” he breathed into the warm covers around him, the only thing insulating him from the frozen air outside.

“I’ll just sleep a little longer, I can’t even deal right now. Sleep, need more sleep”

All of the sudden Reggie felt something tiny wisk its way up what he thought was his covered leg.

“oh my gosh. What is that?”

He dared not move. He didnt know what to do. The movement was unbearable, and he was confused. He hoped whatever it was would just crawl off him. another second and he felt it sink its teeth into his leg.

“BYTE!” he screamed and jumped out of bed. “It bit me! oh my gosh something just bit me! I can’t deal...I sooo can’t deal right now!!”

He flung the sheets all around him and stood in the middle of the room, scraping his body for any resemblance of a tiny moving entity, the entity that BIT him!

“Oh my gosh this is so gross, something just freaking bit me!” it hurt. It hurt him bad. He could feel the pulsing of the venom run up his leg as the pain shot up through his thigh and into his waist. He screamed out and fell on the floor.

“AHHHHHHh What’s going on!”  It was happening so fast. He looked down in horror. the place where the thing had bitten him was fully swollen. It was swollen much worse then anything he had ever seen, and it was ‘t pink, it was dark purple.  A line of deep blue seemed to run through his vein in a straight line up the side of his body spreading like  like the tributaries of a river as it inched closer to his waist.

“Ok...This is bad. I need to see a nurse. I need to see a nurse now.”

Reggie managed to scrape himself off the cold floor, find some pants that were lingering about on a chair and make his way out of the cabin door.

The air was cold...freezing.  It was the kind of morning in the Northwest where you could see ice siclkles on your breath. He had only a t-shirt on and a pair of jeans. No socks, no shoes.

The nurses quarters for some reason was on the other side of the campground. He could never figure out why she lived alone.  So remote, her cabin wasn’t even really on camp property. This confounded him.  No one else was up. He new a backway through the woods around the messhall that might be a little faster. Was the nurse even awake?

As he started walking the trail through the woods to the nurses cabin, Reggie began feeling a sharp pang in his stomach. The pain was more horrible then the strongest hunger he ever felt.  His leg was torture. His thighs and waist burned with intense heat.  He had never experienced anything like this.  After walking past a large fir tree he dropped to his knees unable to move further. He gasped and fell on his side.

A purple cloud engulfed his vision.  The majesty of the trees fell from view only to be replaced by a deep purple fog of incoherence.  Was he fainting? He was confused and lethargic.  All of the sudden a spider scurried across his mind’s eye in what was otherwise a purple and black haze filled void.  

He couldn't’t react. He was too demolished. Was this a dream? The spider came scurrying back towards him from the other direction. It seemed to notice him. At once it ran swiftly up and met his gaze. The spider was looking directly at him.  Its tentacles were fierce. Its body was ferocious and furry. It salivated on its own feeders as it stared directly at Reggie.