Chapter 25 - A year with confessions

A/N: Wooho. We reached out goal again!!! So here's your chapter. Enjoy. The next goal is 800 votes. So please, share this story with other wattpadders or friends. Vote, comment, add to library and reading list. Thank you so much for helping this story. I hoped you really like this chapter. You can always tell me what you think about it in the comments. Remember, that I'm open for all kind of opinions.

"You know, I really don't know how to say this," he began. He ran his finger through his hair and walked over to the window. He stared at the hospital's parking lot while he talked.

I stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

"It's just...I enjoy out company, very much...and I'm so sorry about what happened between us in the past. But I think that maybe we could take out relationship to the next level. You know, like together together instead of just together." The words ran through his mouth and landed in the air.

I blinked a couple of times like an idiot. Or like Jessica. I caught all the words, but I didn't knew how to react.

"T, I..." I began, but he held a hand up in the air.

"You know what? It's stupid. Just forget what I said." He tried to save it with a chuckle that sounded more like a sob.

"No...no. It's not stupid," I said. Hope lit his eyes up. I felt terrible for letting fake hope into him.

"Please don't misunderstand me. You're an amazing person and I really enjoy our company too. But the fact is that we just began talking to each other for like three months ago. I mean, we had known each other since kindergarten," I excused. He listened silenced.

"Maybe if Grace didn't threw you out of "The Crew", nothing of this would happen," I thought.

"I just don't feel like, that you know the real me. And I don't know the real you. I don't even know, why you aren't with "The Crew" anymore," I defended myself.

"As I said before, they didn't want me anymore, since he is a part of it now," he shrugged. I could see that he was lying, but I let it slide. For now.

"I changed, D. Can't you see that?" he barely whispered.

"Tanner, I don't know you, yet. Of course I know how you are, but I don't know how the real Tanner is. The Tanner, that I won't see, until the right time comes," I answered.

"Then maybe in the future? Where we know each other better?" he begged again. His sweet emerald green eyes melted into my emotionless brown eyes.

"Yeah," I lied. He smiled a little smile. I smiled again, trying to hide how awful I felt for lying to him. I just wanted for people to know the truth. The truth about me. People did only recognize me, because I was his ex-best friend. Since he "broke up" with me, no one except Vange, Ally and T had talked to me. Then there was "The Crew".

"Sup. Are D up yet?" Vange banged into the room. She kicked the hospital so loud, that the dead man next door must have woken from the death. Her ginger and vanilla scent filled the room.

"Yes, I am," I answered calmed.

"D! You're awake," Ally and Vange said in the mouth of each other and hugged me tightly.

"Who wouldn't wake up with that kick?" I teased and tried to raise one of my eyebrows without moving the other one, but failed.

"You never guess who we saw," Vange said enthusiastically. She could be a little drama queen some times.

"Who?" I asked.

"No, you can't tell her," Tanner zipped. I looked weirdly at him.

"Why?" I realized, that I was only asking one words questions, and no one answered them.