Striptease 4.

As I walked out of his gate, covering the short distance to Hartley's, my mind tried to process the past 30 minutes of my life, but any which way I thought of it - it still felt incredible. Like something right off the pages of some ridiculous novel. If not for the silk briefs that rubbed my thighs with each step I took, I'd have sworn it hadn't happened.

But it had and I'd just met the most arrogant ass in my life.

He'd ordered me around as if it was his right which was interesting and at the same time annoying. Then he'd threatened to spank me, which was crazy especially after complimenting my butt.

The only word for him was bizarre. It was a word I've never used before but it felt right for the situation.

Barefoot, I made my way into Hart's room through the ladder resting against his kitchen wall. We usually used it to come and go at night and it was hidden out of plain sight by the apple tree that never seemed to bloom, so Mrs. Geoff had no idea I was sneaking her son away from the house and getting him into all sorts of trouble.

"What took you so long, Dane?"

"Nothing, got held up"

"When I saw that light turn on, I thought we were done for sure" he said grinning as he rested back against the pillows.

"You knew I'd get caught and you didn't think to toss back my clothes?"

"C'mon man, my mom would never forgive me if I get into any trouble right now, after last week she threatened to ground me till I turn 30" last week we started a fire in the church, which was all an innocent mistake but there was no one that'd believe my side of any story so I ran fast, he didn't and he got caught.

"You're a class act, Hart. A true friend" sometimes I wondered why I hung around with the spineless wonder, then I remembered and swallowed the rest of my sarcastic comment.

"So tell me what happened? Did he call the cops?

"No, it was a bluff" one hell of a bluff, I wanted to add. "He did give me permission to use his pool next time"

"Really?"

"Yeah, whenever you want to you can just head over there and jump in"

"Wow, that's so cool"

In the darkness I could barely hide my grin as I climbed into the big bed and laid flat on my back wearing just that brief, "He's a cool chap, the best sort", already I could imagine Hart running over there and getting caught, then punished. Doing whatever he'd meant by "learning the consequences".

At first it seemed funny as my mind painted pictures of what that deranged madman would do to him, then it changed. In my mind I saw him bend Hart instead of me over his knees and something felt different, suddenly I wasn't sure I wanted to share that experience with my friend. Which was stupid because he never touched me.

Turning over to my side, I faced the wall and tried to shut out those weird marsh of grey-green eyes and that face, but nothing worked and the last thought on my mind as sleep dragged me away was that smile that wasn't really a smile.

**************

The next day started out okay, the Geoff's were already downstairs when I showered and entered the kitchen for breakfast. At this point I bet they've forgotten they have only two kids.

"Morning Dane, grab a plate" Pastor said as he stopped to kiss his wife's rosy cheek on his way from the stove. This was the reason why I was friends with their son. Being in their cosy kitchen and treated as one of their own always had a way of soothing the injuries my own parents inflicted.

"so I hear you have a match coming up this weekend" Mrs. G said while stiring something that smelt really tasty in a pan. Her statement was thrown out there but I knew it was for Hart. Mouth full of pancakes he could barely breathe much less answer so I replied for him, "Yeah, and we plan to crush it"

"The Academy hasn't won a state championship match in 3 years, why do you think this year is going to be different?" The pastor asked smiling indulgently over his glasses and I grinned drawing Hart into a headlock with one arm.

"because they have us this year"

"Well said!" he cheered raising his mug for a toast and we all laughed.

This is what it felt like to belong.

"The bus will be here in a few minutes boys, Sandra picked your sister up some minutes ago" Mrs. G said wiping her hands on the apron around her waist, "Said something about a new science experiment"

"More like the new science teacher" Hart mumbled into his cup and his father frowned.

"Gotta go. Love you both!" he yelled before the question we both knew was going to be asked slipped past his father's moustache, "Hurry up D, the bus is here!" he shouted from the door as he abandoned me to the wolves. The traitor.

And just like that he was out the door while I was still holding my plate, wondering whether to leave the second pancake or eat it fast as I ran after him.

"Here you go" Mrs. G said handing me a plastic plate, you can finish it on the bus. For a second I wondered if it was fine to give her a hug, the pancakes were that good, then thought against it and smiled instead.

The ride was quiet and boring, kids chatting all around me while Hart's nose was stuck in a test book, apparently we had a test that day and he'd forgotten until he got on the bus and heard about it.

Rolling my eyes, I looked out the window just as we passed his neighbour's house. His neighbour and that house, memories of last night came flooding back and I made a note to myself to pump Hart for information about that guy later. It's not that I was interested in him, he just made me curious.

We got to school and the day swept by fast, the only notable thing that happened other than some incident at practice was when Big Patty came to sit with me during lunch.

"Hey" he mumbled in that his deep voice when I refused to look up. The big goalkeeper was the reason why I got into half that much trouble in school.

"What do you want, Patty?" I dropped the pen I'd been doodling with to give him my full attention. Best move I could have made, as whatever confidence he had leaked out of him like gas under my gaze. I could actually see him deflate and shift in his seat. No one but me knows how much I've waited for the day to win a staring match with the noodlebrain oaf, so I enjoyed it while it lasted.

"So I heard something" he started, then stopped, "I mean –"

"What did you hear?"

"That you're out"

"So –"

"I'm gay too"

"So?"

"Maybe we could go out some-"

"No"

My instant rejection surprised him and he finally looked up from his hands. I mean, what did he expect? Make my life in high school hell for years then suddenly decide he wanted to hang with me all along? "I don't get why people have this – you're gay and I'm gay so we can become fuckbuddies belief" I picked my pen up and gathered my books, "You're not my type, Patrick" Greyish green eyes framed by dark lashes flashed in my mind as I stood up, "Better luck elsewhere"

"But you're the only gay guy I know"

"Sucks to be you" There are no words to explain the feeling I got from walking away from that table, after so long being able to tell him no like that felt like a rush.