300l - 2nd Year Medical ( 25/10/2022)

"The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive." - John Green

The year has been a crazy one.

On February 14, the lecturers started another strike action. It really affected me. I was down. However, there was nothing I could do about it.

During that period, a lot of students transferred to private universities. I wish I could. I wish.

Anyway, just last month, the strike was suspended. February 14 - October 14. It was a crazy 8 months. A lot of things happened to me during that period. A lot.

From meeting new people to being confused to feeling so depressed to being tired of everything to crying late in the night to smiling the next day to seeking solace in novels to being happy.

Alhamdulillah.

In August, I did something. I'd been at home throughout the months prior. I was reading novels, sleeping and staying at mum's shop. I started memorising the Quran. I was going to a hifdh school. It was demanding, but I cherished every moment of the process.

It's one highlight of my life during those eight months.

I didn't take any of my textbooks home. So, I didn't read during the strike. Haha.

I've forgotten lots of things I read. I was trying to recollect the purine degradation pathway the other day... I couldn't remember all the steps. Ew. I really have to revise.

Now that school has resumed for more than a month, academic activities have started fully. I had a group discussion on endocrinology with some of my colleagues about two hours ago.

I planned to read before I got to bed, but it's almost 1am and I have an 8am class tomorrow. Anyway, I might just watch a short video on YouTube instead.

Gross anatomy of head and neck is not so easy. As of now, I'm not enjoying it. I hope I'll be soon. I keep forgetting these nerve branches. I've only read the osteology of mandible.

I've gotten some videos and I hope that would make me understand it more.

Also, the dissection of the head and neck is really boring. Whew. I lost it in the face dissection. We couldn't appreciate most of the facial muscles, nerves, and vessels.

Still, I'm hoping it'll get better. We're at the neck region. It's more fun than the dissection of the face.

I set a goal to do better this year.

Also, I want to write more often here. Since it's journalling of my journey, it needs more input. So, I will try! I would be adding date to my note henceforth.
If there's anything you think I should change or do more, kindly let me know. Thank you.

My current novel read is "Lessons in Chemistry".

What do you do in your spare time?

💖