02.

Third person's point of view.

"Hello, friend," Ryan greeted, contemplating a plan for his daughter's aloofness. Aware that his personality and their unconventional living situation contributed to her demeanor, he pondered the consequences. "Hello, friend," a serene voice reciprocated.

"Is Forks a suitable place?" Ryan inquired, seeking advice from his confidant. "Indeed, it's remarkably tranquil and surrounded by lush greenery," the voice replied. Unbeknownst to Ryan, his daughter eavesdropped just beyond the door. "Well, I require a favor," Ryan continued after a brief pause.

"What might that entail?" the voice queried, anticipating Ryan's request. "Do you have room for one more teenager? She shares my unique lineage—half human, half vampire—and given our impending relocation to my wife's hometown for four years, I cannot bear to see her ousted from yet another school," Ryan explained.

"Yes, I have ample space and I'm confident I can accommodate her. What's her name?" the voice inquired further. "Thank you immensely, Carlisle. Her name is Audrey," Ryan responded, a hint of affection evident despite the circumstances.

"I hope you're prepared for a touch of defiance," Ryan cautioned. "I believe I can handle a bit of attitude. After all, I reside with a troupe of teenagers," Carlisle chuckled lightly. It was at this juncture that Audrey, unable to contain her frustration any longer, stormed into her father's office.

"Audrey, what have I told you about entering rooms without knocking?" Ryan admonished gently, meeting her icy gaze. "And where might you be shipping me off to, Father?" Audrey retorted, her tone frosty.

"You'll soon find out. I need you to start packing, like your siblings," Ryan instructed calmly, attempting to maintain composure. Audrey scoffed, her reaction unsurprising. "You and mother can't handle me, so you're sending me away. It's fine; I'm accustomed to it," she remarked bitterly, resenting her parents' decisions.

With that, Audrey stormed out of the office, seething with anger. Despite there being three guest rooms available, she opted for the solitude of the attic. Audrey's demeanor, characterized by silence and a piercing gaze, intimidated her peers as she navigated the school corridors.

"We'll be seeing you next week, Carlisle," Ryan said, his smile masking an underlying tension perceptible to Audrey. It was as if her parents attempted to express affection, knowing deep down they struggled to connect with her. "Looking forward to meeting her," Carlisle replied calmly, maintaining his serene demeanor throughout the conversation.

To be continued