𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝟾𝚡𝟷𝟶: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙾𝙽.

【𝙰𝙰𝚁𝙾𝙽'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅】𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟷, 𝟷𝟷:𝟸𝟺 𝚊𝚖. 𝚆𝙸𝙽𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆, 𝙰𝚁𝙸𝚉𝙾𝙽𝙰

"Okay, there are five puppeteers/marionetters in the area," Garcia informs Reid and me.

"Any of them recently released from prison?" I ask.

"No. They're working at kids' parties and hospitals."

"What about someone who had a traumatic incident with a brunette girl?" Reid asks her.

"That's kinda specific." Garcia types for a few moments before we hear some beeping, "Hold on, let me patch in Morgan and JJ."

"Hey, we're at the clothing store," Morgan speaks, "We got the names of five people who left numerous messages for Tucker this week."

"Give them to me!" Garcia instructs.

"Alright, we've got Sam Holby, Terrence Crammer, Vincent Lang, Matt Parker and a Jill Olger."

"And no, and I'm cross-checking those with Hotch's list of puppeteers... No," Garcia can be heard rapidly typing as JJ's voice appears.

"So I've got eight more names, some were written on pads in the back, others are frequent customers," She explains.

"Penelope, we need you to trace the phone lines here, too, see if this guy Tucker called the UnSub today," Morgan asks.

~~~

"We just came from the parking lot where the father and son were abducted," Dave grabs our attention as he and Blaire walk into the station, "It looks like the UnSub might be on the surveillance camera. Witness said there was a blue van." While he talks, I take out my phone and call Garcia again.

"Garcia," I start as she picks up.

"Yes, Sir."

"Were there any incidents involving a father and son in the puppeteers' histories that you found?" I ask while my partner comes up to me, yawning as they lean their head against my arm, prompting me to wrap it around them.

"Father and son," She repeats. "Okay. No, I'm coming up empty."

"What about 20 or 30 years ago?" Dave asks her.

"Well, there was a pretty famous puppeteer in the late '50s named Alex Rain. He died in a robbery. His son witnessed it."

"What was his son's name?" Blaire asks.

"Adam Rain. Mom died ten years ago."

"Cross-check Adam's name with the names of the patrons in the clothing store," Reid pipes up.

"Oh, I got a big old hit," Garcia replies, "Okay, Mr Rain called Tucker, the owner, 40 times in the last month. And check this. His father was most well-known for a pair of puppets named Mitch and Steph. The male one had dark black hair and the female was a redhead."

"Do you have an address?" Dave asks.

"Last known was a building on Pine Street, which used to be his father's theatre."

"Come on, Dave," I grab my friend's attention, starting to move away.

"And guess what he drives."

"Blue van. Call us back in the car," I hang up, Dave and I walking toward the exit.

~~~

"When you pull at the strings of Adam the puppeteer, he unravels faster than a two-cent romance novel," Garcia starts, "He worked at a glue factory most of his adult life. He was in a car accident that put him in a coma for over a year. He woke up three months ago. Straight away, the nurse says he starts acting really childish, asking for his father, who died over 50 years ago."