𝙸 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚒𝚍

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝟼𝚡𝟷𝟶: 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙷𝙰𝙿𝙿𝙴𝙽𝚂 𝙰𝚃 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

【𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅】𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝟽, 𝟼:𝟹𝟾 𝚊𝚖. 𝙱𝙰𝚄

"Three women were murdered inside a gated community in Southeastern New Mexico in the last two months," Aaron starts, clicking the remote and pulling their pictures up onto the screen as the team enters the conference room.

"All three inside?" Morgan asks.

"Marjorie West was strangled in her home in the middle of the night while her family was out of town. They found her the next morning," Aaron continues, pulling up more pictures. "Jill Long was strangled in the laundry room while her husband and sons were camping in the backyard." He speaks and I swipe through the crime scene photos on my tablet, chewing on my bottom lip and tapping the back of my tablet.

"And last night, Aubrey Jacobs was killed in her home office while her daughter and husband were asleep in the house."

"Occupied dwellings is as high-risk as it gets," Morgan says, looking up from his tablet.

"He's fearless," Reid adds.

"Proximity, the chance he might get caught, that could be part of it for him," Prentiss suggests.

"You said gated community. I'm assuming that means security?" I ask, finally looking at Aaron, though still chewing on my lip and stimming.

"A small security staff and perimeter cameras," He responds, "Everything's recorded 24/7, and no ones entered or left the compound since last night, except residents. It looks like the UnSub is part of the community. Local detective says that demographics, the general makeup, and socioeconomic status of the residents is essentially the same."

"That's gonna make a profile difficult," Prentiss says and Aaron hums.

"Unless we examine a different set of parameters."

"Different parameters?" Morgan asks.

"Dave's working on that right now."

~~~

【𝙰𝙰𝚁𝙾𝙽'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅】𝟼:𝟺𝟹 𝚊𝚖

Dave and I walk down the steps from the catwalk to meet Seaver, though, my eyes aren't on her. The corners of my mouth twitch up as I spot Blaire making a cup of coffee, their earphones in and their hips swaying lightly to the music.

"Ashley! Agent Trainee Seaver, Supervisory Special Agents Prentiss and Morgan," He introduces the two and Blaire turns around, sipping from their mug and meeting my eyes as they walk back to their desk by the small group. They're dressed in a black knit sweater with a dark grey turtleneck peeking out the top, matching dark grey tartan pants, and their usual platform docs and gloves. They have their coffee in one hand and a book open in the other.