III

It was 5am in Inazuma. The sky was still dark, but it was a breezy morning, with a breeze that gently cradled all of inazuma's citizen into a deep sleep. Well, almost everyone. Ayaka was still awake, mentally preparing to the fact that after spending a relaxing day with one of her closest friends she had to go back to work already.

Two days already flew by. Hanging out with Yoimiya like that in one of her rare resting days was truly refreshing.

It wasn't unusual for Ayaka to be nostalgic after a day like that, but that time..It felt like a different type of nostalgia.

Everyone was smiling, and she finally managed to have a normal interaction with people that were basically strangers to her before that day. It was a very special and big step for Ayaka indeed. So it must have been that which made her feel like that..Right?

...

"Is that why you looked at me during that speech?"

"Wait!- I didn't mean it like that-I meant-"

"Ohhh..busted.."

"Don't tense up that much, it's true. You're one of the people I wanna see smile the most and I will do anything to accomplish that, with or without fireworks."

That conversation was stuck in Ayaka's head. What did Yoimiya even mean? It looked obvious but.. something was missing and just didn't fit in. Yet, no matter how hard she tried thinking about it, nothing could explain that feeling. Ayaka really hated being confused.

Yet, the princess knew it wasn't worth overthinking about that. She had plenty of time left to figure that out anyway..or did sh-

"Good morning, Miss Kamisato!"

Ayaka was startled by the sudden voice. She was too deep into her thinking that she couldn't hear the door opening.

"OH uh-..ehem..Good morning to you too."

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I startle you Miss Kamisato? It wasnt my intention, I swear.."

"Its quite alright. I was supposed to be awake and ready to expect you already, I just got lost in my thoughts..I should be the one to apologize."

"It's okay, I don't mind at all. What were you thinking of, if I may ask?"

"Nothing that relevant, really..I was just thinking of some things that happened yesterday, that's all."

"Oh yeah, you were hanging out with Miss Naganohara, right?"

"Uhm..yes, indeed.."

"Thats great. Did you girls have fun?"

"Yes, It felt nice seeing a familiar face after a while."

"Mhm, I see. Speaking of, you'll be meeting a familiar face today too."

"I see, when will am I expected to receive them?"

"Pretty soon actually, around 6am. I don't know the details of what exactly will you guys be doing though..I'm sorry, Miss Kamisato.."

"Its okay, I suppose I'll find out once I meet them." Ayaka replied with a smile to try and break down the shared nervousness.

Although, who would visit the princess at such an early hour?

That day was full of mysteries.

After Ayaka finished her morning routine and ate, she was ready to receive the guest, a bit nervous but also excited.

The estate's door opened as Ayaka's eyes slightly widened by the surprise.

"Oh! Welcome home, brother, it's been a while."