Visitor

'I'm so hungry. It's been over 24 hours with no food! I can't go on any longer' Naruto slammed his head on his desk and shut his eyes. 'It's hurting that's how hungry i am'

*Stomach rumbles loudly* ~erghhhh

"Ahhhh! I just can't take it!" He yelled out. The door to his office opened up quickly, Shikamaru came barging in like something was wrong.

"Naruto! Are you okay!?" He rushed over to his side and shook him by his shoulder. "Food...." Naruto whispered so quietly he couldn't hear him. Shikamaru leaned down closer to him.

"What..?"

"FOOD!!" He responded screaming. Shikamaru stepped back and covered his ears wincing in pain. "Tsk...DID YOU HAVE TO SCREAM!?"

Naruto laughed, he picked up his head from the desk and shook it. "Nah..." he smiled wide with his usual happy attitude. Rolling his chair back, he stood up and turned around facing the wall of windows behind him. His smile quickly faded and the feeling of uncertainty flooded his veins. There was a change in the atmosphere.

"Sasuke.... Is he okay?" Catching Shikamaru off guard, since he was just talking about food, he stepped over to the side of Naruto and looked out the window with him.

Shikamaru sighed sensing the anger or maybe even sadness Naruto must be going through him. "No... he's still in very critical condition and it's possible he might not wake up for a few days.."

He glanced over to see his face. But Naruto was hiding his expression. Point blank look.

"Which unfortunately is very critical, as the information he has on what happened could mean life or death for everyone... what a drag..."

"I see..." he responded calmly and quietly. "Any case, I'm gonna go to Ichiroku, i need to eat to keep up this manly figure" he smiled big and wide as if the results of Sasuke's health didn't effect him.

He turned and put a hand on Shikamarus shoulder. "If he wakes up... notify me immediately." And with that, he removed his cloak and placed it around his chair, off to Ichiraku Ramen! 'Why would he leave his cloak' Shikamaru thought.

——————————————————————

"Naruto! What a pleasure to have you come in today, huh? Just you today i see hm?" Teuchi said with happiness. Naruto nodded with a big grin, one hand behind his head the other on his hip. "I'm starving! Can I get my usual miso with extra chasu, oh and extra pork! Please old man!" His smile lit up the room, even though offensive to Teuchi's growing age, it can't be helped.

"Take a seat then my boy! I'll have it up quicker then a taiyaki!"

Sitting down in his now normal seat he started gazing thinking about the way the shop has changed. Everything is so new new it's almost unrecognizable. His thoughts were distracted, but a quick flash of memory from the night before rolled through his mind like a moving picture.

His expression changed drastically from, happy to finally eat, to worry about his rival. He looked down and grabbed his chopsticks off the table separating the two and rubbing them together to remove any excess thin pieces of wood.

Falling into a daze, he couldn't bare but to think about the way Sasuke looked lying lifelessly on the ground. But that wasn't the only thing he was thinking of, it was also the way Sasuke had said he thought he wasn't going to see him again.

' Did he really think it was over, that there was just no way he was going to come back. And why did he touch my face like that?' His body temperature started changing, he could feel his fingertips tingling.