Chapter 2

Dudley approached Penelope at her makeup table.

"Penelope, dearest?" he said.

"Hi, Dudley!" said Penelope kissing her man.

"Listen. Your stepmother is okay with us getting married..." Dudley began.

"But yours isn't" Penelope guessed.

"I don't know yet. I invited her over so she can get to know you. I need her to understand that marrying you is a good thing" said Dudley.

"Why wouldn't she?" said Penelope.

"My whole life centered around her keeping me for herself. She was always terrified of seeing me grow up. She even threw a fit when she first saw me in a tuxedo" said Dudley.

"So what you're telling me is that seeing you do something mature freaks your mother out?" said Penelope.

"When you put it that way" said Dudley.

"She's weirder than Newton's mother" said Penelope.

"I know. Newton's mother centered his life around her and my mother is trying to make me stay a child so I don't end up like her. When I started acting in theaters, she ran off in fear instead of bidding me goodbye" Dudley explained.

"Ew!" said Penelope.

"So when she gets here, please please don't say anything about our engagement. I have no idea how to tell her" said Dudley.

"Okay" said Penelope.

"And be on your best behavior. I also need to make sure Mum can trust you" said Dudley.

"I won't let you down" said Penelope taking his hand.