For Cadbury's

"Hello?" I recieve the call.

"Yeah, Shree akka , can you bring my lucky shoes to the institute?" 

"Wait, what?"

"I kept my neon green sports shoes for drying in the terrace, can you bring it?"

"But you fool! when you knew you are going to sports institute, why did you leave your shoes here?"

"I didn't know we would have a match to play today, the senior boys just challenged us, now please bring it...I'll get a Cadbury's for you if I win."

"I want Cadbury's even if you lose."

"Okay, please bring it, my sweet sister...I love you so much...muaaah."

"Uhhh, you can keep your muaah to yourself."

 I was already irritated with the bunch of assignments I had to do and now this...my little brother was already burdening me with his work.

The said neon green sports shoes were his lucky shoes. He believed he played better with them. So, he wore it only during tournaments and important matches. And today seemed to be an important match for him because the so-called Senior boys who he looked up to as idols had given him a wee bit attention today. So, it was an important day and as a good elder sister and most importantly as a Cadbury's lover, I had to do this.

I tied my hair into a bun and put on my Levi's jacket.  "Let's also meet Niharika while I get this done." I think to myself.

"Maa, I going to the cricket institute to give your little boy his lucky shoes." I shout to the kitchen knowing well my mom would be angry as she is experimenting with making YouTube videos for recipes. But I love irritating her just like my brother likes to do the same with me.

" Pō ma." Maa says just that and get back to telling her imaginary viewers to add two spoonsful of curd into the bowl.

I kickstart my scooter and rush to save my brother's game.

---------------

The institute belongs to the Indian Railways. But even people who don't have their parents in railways, come here to train for different sports and artforms. We call this people NRIs, although NRE would be the shortform for Non-Railway Employees kids, but NRI sounds better. 

Our dad is in the railways. So, we are natives...in that sense.

I reached that place where everyone looks energetic and motivated to become fit. I didn't come here often. Yoga at home sounded and worked better for me. I usually came here when Niharika had a fight with her boyfriend, Arun. She vented it out by jogging with me.

I entered the cricket ground looking for that sixteen-year-old boy who was born in this world with the sole purpose of making my life harder. 

And in that moment, I saw the striking figure of the second most popular guy of the area. It was Jignesh Patel.  He is one of those NRIs who made a strong presence since the day he stepped his foot in the institute. 

An astonishing cricketer, there were talks that he would be playing for Ranji soon. And more were the talks about his looks and how he was a perfect guy except the fact that he wasn't Vinay.

The most popular guy, Vinay Dubey, a native, as a matter of fact, happened to be a budding actor whose debut film turned out be a blockbuster and then with fame and money coming towards him, he left the city and me....