Chapter 4: Cupid

Note: This chapter has more of Manoj and Neelam.

............

Akshara was shown to a guest room by the help. She thanked her and went to wash her face. When she came back, she found Neelam in the same room.

Akshara: Aunty aap?

Neelam: Maar khayegi Akshu mujhse..

Akshara: K-kya hua?

Neelam: Hua ye hai pehli baat tune jo ye suddenly chale jaane ka decision liya vo risky tha, phir iss tarah travel krna bhi sahi nahi tha aur sbse badi baat....tu mujhe aunty bulaye jaa rahi hai..

Akshara was at loss for words.

Neelam: Sammy ke dekha-dekhi tu bhi mujhe bachpan me dadi hi bulati thi, ab kya ho gaya?

Akshara: Vo...itne saal ho gaye...

Neelam put a hand on her head.

Neelam: Dadi bulaya kr beta, mujhe accha lagega..

Akshara got emotional and hugged her.

Neelam: Accha ab vo chor, ye le. Mai ye kapde dene ayi thi tujhe. Tere shyd lose honge but abhi raat ko comfortable rahenge.

Akshara thanked her profusely and Neelam left to give her privacy to change. Akshara came back out to see Samarthya leaning against the wall opposite to the door. Her steps faltered. She looked down and removed the imaginary crease off the lose baby blue kurta.

Samarthya: Hi!

Akshara: Hi!

Samarthya: Dinner?

Akshara: Hmm...

Samarthya: (in mind) Beta tera kuch nahi hona, why the hell am I talking to her like I am seeing her for the first time...

Akshara: (in mind) hmm? Seriously!? Hmm!?..What the hell is wrong with you Akshu? It is Sammy for heaven's sake. Why are you nervous?!

They walked towards the dining hall where Manoj and Neelam were already sitting. They had dinner with light conversations only. Nobody addressed any stressful topics. Samarthya noticed Akshara was constantly trying to keep her eyes open while talking to Manoj.

Samarthya: Akshu? Tujhe dekhr teri thakan ka saaf pata chal raha hai. Chal, chalkr rest kr le..

Akshara: I am fine..

She said but her yawn gave her away. She blushed and muttered an apology. Manoj laughed and said it was okay and understandable that she was tired. She said goodnight to the generous hosts and Samarthya guided her to the room.

Samarthya: Akshu?

Akshara: hmm?

She stopped before entering the room as he said her name.

Samarthya: Thank You.

Akshara's eyes were closing but confusion took over her forehead.

Samarthya: For coming here. Mujhe accha laga..

Akshara gave him a smile, already asleep in her mind. She hugged him without much thought and muttered goodnight before heading towards the bed. Samarthya's eyes trailed her with worry till she safely got in bed. Tucking her carefully, he whispered goodnight before leaving her to her dreams.

............

Samarthya was sitting at his favourite spot at the house. The view of the garden was great and if he looked to his right, he'd see their pool. He smiled. His grandfather was well and Akshara was within his reach. He felt lighter now that his mind wasn't constantly wondering about her whereabouts. He stood up and walked towards the pool. He sat and dipped his feet in it. The water was cold but it still felt soothing to him.