Chapter 7: Goodbye?

Recap: Samarthya is pleased that he confessed but Akshara is confused and at war with her emotions. Elsewhere in Udaipur, Abhimanyu finds the letter Neil was hiding because of Manjiri and is heartbroken.

................

Akshara woke up with bags under her eyes, a clear sign that she did not sleep well. She got out of bed nevertheless and got ready in her newly bought dress. It reached her ankles and had full sleeves which helped against the slightly cooler temperature of Dehradun. She applied kohl in a stupid attempt to hide her tired eyes and rushed downstairs.

Neelam: Good morning Akshu!

Akshara: Good morning dadi...

Manoj: Good morning beta..

Akshara: Good morning uncle, ab kaisi tabiyat hai apki?

Manoj: tabiyat toh thik hai beta lekin ye kya hai? Neelam dadi aur mai uncle, mujhe dadu kyun nahi?

Akshara: Vo...vo...

Manoj: aaj ke baad mujhe uncle nahi bolna, samjhi...mai teri bhi dada hi hoon Akshu..

Akshara couldn't speak due to emotions but nodded with a smile. Samarthya also joined them. He gave a small smile to Akshara who blushed and looked away.

Neelam: Akshu, aaj bhi arti tum hi kardo beta

Before Akshara could say anything, Manoj requested her the same. Even the maid pitched in saying 'Haan Didi, please'. Akshara smiled and took the thaal. She closed her eyes and sang a beautiful prayer. The whole house felt blessed by her melodious voice. After that, she gave the arti to everyone. Samarthya purposefully stood at the back and waited for everyone else to go first. Then he went near her. He passed his hands above the flame and touched his head. He bent a little and whispered in her ears.

Samarthya: Kl toh maine miss kr diya tha but truly Shorty, your voice is magical. You are magical!

Akshara's lips parted as she stared into his eyes. Something about confessing his feelings had made Samarthya bold. He wasn't hiding his thoughts anymore. Spending a day with Akshara also made him realise how she doubted herself. So he resolved to not hide any thoughts about her. He was going to tell her how she was beyond perfect in his eyes till she herself accepts so.

Samarthya: what is this?

He lightly touched the skin under her eyes with his index finger while his thumb rested on her cheek.

Samarthya: I told you not to overthink Shorty. 

He sighed while she looked down. 

Samarthya: You are making me regret babygirl. Mujhe apne mann ka bhoj kam krke tumhara thodi bhadhana tha....

Akshara: Vo...Sammy..don't.

Akshara did not know how to respond. Her cheeks became a deep shade of red but before she could even form a proper sentence, someone ran in, calling them for breakfast. They went to the already set table and the four had breakfast. After breakfast, Neelam went into her home office and Manoj went to his room.

Samarthya: Shorty?

Akshara: hmm?

Samarthya: Mai hospital jaa raha hoon..

Akshara: Okay..?

Samarthya: kuch nahi, bs vo bata raha tha...shaam ko milte hai. Bye.

Akshara: Bye.

Samarthya left for work and Akshara spent the day with Manoj and Neelam. She played soothing music on the piano in the living room and even sang for some time. Later, when Samarthya came back home, Akshara informed him that Neelam and Manoj already had dinner and where in their room. She was waiting for him. They ate together and talked about the day.