Chapter 1 : Interlude

WISTERIA BLOSSOMS

START

                                          A man with h/c locks stood in he cold snow, watching as the flowers in the trees remain unmoving

                      A man with h/c locks stood in he cold snow, watching as the flowers in the trees remain unmoving. "Wisteria...an effective way to ward off demons. Even in the sheer cold, they remain as if the atmosphere around them hasn't changed one bit." He noted, gentle as ever, he plucked a flower from the tree, looking at it with wonder. "...Interesting. I'll add this to my research."

From behind him, he heard an all too familiar giggle. "Ah..Y/n-kun, are you trying to start researching something new once more? We haven't even finished with the current poisons.."

He needn't look to know who was speaking. "I am aware of that matter, Kocho-san. Just because I am starting a new study, doesn't mean that I will put the current one at hand aside." The alchemist continued to observe the flower in his hand.

"Eh...you really do like to handle many things all at once, huh? It's almost like you like making things harder for yourself!" Shinobu commented smiling. "..and I told you already, you can call me Shinobu. We have been partners for years now Y/n-kun and yet you still refuse to address me by my first name." She added, her lips curling downwards and eyes observing the male carefully for any type of reaction.

"...I do not like making things harder for myself. I am merely doing what piques my interest, Shinobu-san." Y/n commented, taking a slightly nervous glance at Shinobu.

"When you talk like that, you sound like Tomioka-san!" Shinobu looked at him with the same smile. Y/n only let out a sigh at her teasing behaviour. Placing the flower into his small waist bag, he stared at Shinobu expectantly. It was as if he was expecting an insult to be thrown at him after being compared to Giyuu.

"What are you doing here anyway, Y/n-kun?" Shinobu asked, learning closer to the male.

"You and I both know that it is for my research. However, I would like to ask the same question to you." Y/n said unmoving. Shinobu found the action intriguing, when she leans closer to anybody else, they back away.

"I'm just heading back..I had investigated a few things in the mountains to gain information."

The silence that followed was incredibly awkward as the two continued to stare at each other, not one deciding to break the ice. Y/n shifted from his spot, "...Is that all?" He asked, though he didn't mean to, he probably sounded annoyed to the insect hashira.

"...Yes. That is all. I will be taking my leave now, Y/n-kun." Y/n could hear the passive-aggresiveness in her tone of voice.

'Did I say something wrong..?' He thought to himself. Shinobu turned around to leave, and that's when something clicked on the alchemist's mind. "Oh, wait! Shinobu-san. I have a few questions...if you do not mind." He called.