Chapter 1 : Act I

Chapter 1 : Act I
WHEREVER THE RIVER MAY FLOW

START

                    Tanjiro awoke, head still spinning from the way he was knocked out

                    Tanjiro awoke, head still spinning from the way he was knocked out. His vision slowly cleared and he saw his sister beside him, with her eyes closed and a bamboo muzzle in her mouth. Remembering where he was and what had happened, he scurries to sit down and pulls his sister closer to him, observing the surroundings.

"You have awaken at last." A new voice greeted him. Tanjiro backed away further, "Who..." Tanjiro was wondering where this newcomer came from and where the man who he had previously fought with was.

"If you are curious about the person earlier, then do not fret, he only had to leave early due to needing to investigate the area. He has instructed me to send you to a man named Urokodaki Sakonji on Mount Sagiri." Y/n spoke, however he could still sense the suspicion and confusion-mostly confusion-from the boy.

"I am Y/n. Chief Alchemist of the Demon Slayer Corps. No formalities needed. You needn't worry, I mean no harm...in fact, I am here to help." The alchemist finally introduced himself.

"I'm Kamado Tanjiro, and...this is my sister, Nezuko." Tanjiro introduced himself, his doubt and panic from before slowly disappearing. The alchemist didn't strike him as a bad person-however, from his scent, he could tell that there was some sort of ulterior motive. It was unfortunate he couldn't tell what it was.

"Charcoal." Y/n said out of the blue, making Tanjiro raise a confused brow. "Pardon...?"

"Hm? Oh, please ignore that" Y/n chuckled to himself, only making Tanjiro even more confused.

"Ah, right. Let us focus on our main problems at hand. We must go before nighttime falls- Your sister seems to fine for now as the clouds are blocking the sun from reaching but do remember to not let her out in broad daylight." Y/n began walking away, making Tanjiro accidentally shout.

"W-wait!" Tanjiro swore he could feel his entire face turn red when his voice cracked and the alchemist turned to him with an unreadable face. "Uh..I...I was hoping to..bury my.. family before..." Tanjiro couldn't finish his sentence properly-the thought of even going back to the house after witnessing such a morbid scene was enough to send chills down his spine.

"Of course...please take your time. I shall meet you at the village at the foot of this mountain." Y/n said, feeling sympathy for the boy. Tanjiro silently thanked him with a nod, and the alchemist descended the mountain-and by descended, more like dashed and disappeared like the wind from Tanjiro's view.

Holding his sister, Tanjiro made his way back home, preparing to leave it's warmth forever.

Y/n slowed down his dashing, almost at the foot of the snowy mountain. He would've gone straight to village, however the feeling of something-or someone's eyes boring into the back of his head, observing his every move, made him stop.