welcoming

Davina slept better than ever and woke up refreshed and feeling free, she opened her bedroom door and walked into the kitchen where she found the team laughing whilst making breakfast, tony said something making Natasha throw a strawberry at him with a smile making everyone laugh when it hit him in the eye.

Steve was the first to notice the small girl "morning sleep well?" Steve spoke causing everyone else to notice the girl standing there with a smile, she didn't say anything but nodded shyly, "hey kid, we thought you might enjoy some breakfast so, here's some pancakes" tony said gesturing to the giant pile of pancakes, fruit and other stuff on the table, she hesitated for a minute before looking to Steve who gave her a welcoming smile and gestured her to come sit with them.

she took a seat in between Steve and Thor, admittedly she was quite intimidated sitting with all these heroes but sitting here now, she realises how aside from the whole 'hero' thing they are pretty normal people.

Natasha looked across at the girl sitting in front of her "so Davina, you ready to do some shopping, we can go whenever your ready to get you some stuff" Davina cant lie, she felt a bit overwhelmed with everything, but she put on a smile and thanked the redhead.

Steve looked down and the young girl and smiled, Davina looked inspected the food in front of her, "what's the matter you look like you've never had pancakes before" tony meant it as a joke but when the girl didn't laugh "uh back at the institute they didn't really serve pancakes, sometimes i would get lucky and David would bring me bacon but aside from that" she finished her sentence with a shrug not noticing the looks of pity she's receiving.

"well dig in, cause theres a lot more where this come from" Steve spoke up knowing the girl wouldn't want to be pitied. Davina was listening to Thor as he told her about Asgard she was picturing how beautiful it sounds that she doesn't even notice the looks she's now receiving.

"uhh Davina" Clint said gaining the girls attention, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she followed the gaze of everyone and saw a mini version of Asgard just how she imagined it.

"what the hell?" Davina was as confused as the rest of them but before she could say any more, the image disappeared into thin air.

it went silent, no one knowing what to say as Davina sat there a little worried that she didn't even notice she did that.

Bruce was the first to break the silence "Davina from what I've seen you carry great amount of power, a lot you probably don't even realise you can do, if its ok with you i would love to run some tests to help figure out what you can do"

a flash of worry passes her face as she thought about doing tests and Steve caught on that "no tests, she's been through enough i don't think she wants to be put under a microscope" Bruce nodded understandingly but Davina had other thoughts.

"no i want to know, i need to know, besides the sooner we figure it out the sooner i can work on controlling it" Steve didn't look like he completely approved of this but he's also slightly proud of the girl.

"great well how about tomorrow you can come down to the lab with Tony and I and we can see what we can do" Davina agreed as she finished the last of her food.

"alright im gonna go freshen up and then we can head out to do some shopping" Natasha said making Davina both excited and nervous, she's never been out in public let alone shopping but she's to excited to care.

____________________________________

Natasha and Davina spent hours shopping around in different shopping malls looking for everything she needs and by the end of it both girls walked back into the avengers living quarters laughing holding ice cream cones while some workers placed all the bags down. Steve walked into the living room after hearing all the noise.

"nice to see you two having fun, good trip?" he said addressing the girls Natasha being the first to speak up side hugged the girl before speaking "yeah we had a blast, got everything she needs and some stuff to decorate her room as well" the younger girl smiled and embraced the hug.

not that she would ever admit it out loud but it felt nice, the only other person she had any positive physical contact was with David, she enjoys it.

"well ill leave you girls to it then" Steve smiled and walked off leaving the girls to take the many bags into Davina's room but eventually they got them all.

they sat there talking as they sorted everything into there place in the room and by the end of it Davina had a closet filled with clothes and shoes and her bedroom now with LED lights around the bed which she picked out for her hatred of the dark.

after it was all finished Natasha left the girl to get cleaned up and get some rest, the rest of the night went smoothly and by the time Davina went to bed she was beyond tired and fell into a deep slumber.