𝟒𝟎| 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭, 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭.

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I stood in front of my closet, trying to decide what to wear. I turned to Aiden, who had his feet propped up on my bed.

"What about this black dress? It screams dangerous and sophisticated," Aiden suggested, holding up a tight black dress.

I shook my head, "Nah, too cliché. I need something that will stand out."

Aiden raised an eyebrow, "You already stand out, Anthea. You're a badass boss babe."

I smiled, but still couldn't decide. "I guess I'll just have to trust my instincts."

Aiden grinned, "That's why you're the leader of our little unit. Now hurry up, we don't want to be late for the gathering."

Aiden picked his black suit, making his new tattoos even more visible around his chest.

"You should unbutton some of those," I said, looking at Aiden's shirt. He smirked, unbuttoning three of them and going for a fourth one.

"No. That's enough," I said, which came off very jealously. He raised his eyebrow.

"I am yours. Don't worry," he said, hugging me from behind.

We came downstairs, and I saw Joss holding Ares.

"Joss, let me kiss him for the last time," I said, looking at Ares, who was peacefully sleeping, and kissed his forehead.

"I will be back, beany." Turning to Joss, I added, "You better go to the place and please protect him. If something happens to me," I said, looking at everyone there, "just protect him."

"Anthea, you will be back, okay?" Dong said, hugging me.

I let Dong and Joss be with Ares somewhere else; they might try to attack them here while we are not around, so I can't put them at risk. Half of my men are going with us as guards.

"Goodbye, Anthea," Eros said. I just nodded and smiled at him.

Aiden placed his hand on my back, leading me towards the black jeep.

"It's okay. Everything is going to be fine." He whispers, placing a kiss on my back.

The whole ride I was nervous but at the same, the anger was consuming me.

The things they have done to my family, to me.

Sending his pathetic killers and failing must be a shame on him.

Let's see how his boy will react to me being a leader.

"Anthea, we are here," I heard Aiden's voice, interrupting me from my thoughts. I took a deep breath and let it out. Aiden held out his palm, which I took, and he led me to the door.

"Are you ready?" Aiden asked as we stood in front of the doors.

"Let's do this," I said. Aiden nodded at the doorman. As soon as he grabbed those handles, I looked up, feeling more confident than before. He opened the doors, and there were lots of people I didn't recognize at all. I could feel people staring at me, but I didn't give any cares. I was here to do a job and to end those lives that ruined me.

"Do you see him?" I whispered to Aiden. He just shook his head. He used to go with my father at these gatherings, so he pretty much knows everyone there.

But he never met Luciano, weird.

We walked in the middle until someone stopped us.

"Miss Enyo," I turned to the harsh voice calling me.