Chapter 5

I see two bright lights heading toward us, " watch out!" I shouted.
I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder gently," Sweetheart, are you okay?"
" I heard you screamed. Are you having a nightmare?"
I nodded.
He saw me trembling, "it's okay now. shh ! It was just a nightmare," he pulled me into his embrace and patted my back.
When I calmed down a little, " go back to sleep now, huh?"
He was about to leave when I grabbed his wrist, "can you stay here with me tonight?" I asked.
He looked at me ,surprised , " of course my love."
I moved on the bed to make space for him and he crawled under the blanket.
He sit, leaning the headboard.
When I hugged his waist, he hugged me back around my shoulder and played with my hair, " I'm here sweetheart. Don't be scared."
I fell back to sleep with him playing my hair.
I felt secured.
I felt safe and loved whenever I am with him.
............................
I was thinking about the dream I had last night when mingi approached from behind and circled his arms around my waist.
" what are you thinking my love?" He asked, giving a peck on my shoulder.
I turned around to face him, "mingi, can I ask you something?"
He hummed as a response, I continued, "was I really alone when I had the accident?"
He frowned and let go of his hand around my waist, " why are you asking ?"
I sighed, " well, I dreamt about that accident last night, and,"
I headed to the couch and sat down, " it seemed like I was in a passenger seat and someone was driving beside me. But I couldn't see who that person was ."
Mingi kneeled down on one leg , in front of me and took my hands in his, " yes, you were really alone sweetheart. It was just a dream ,so may be you were just having wrong memories," he continued, "you don't even remember anything clearly. Don't think too much."
I nodded and gave him a hug.
He kissed the top of my head.
I looked up to see his face, but his eyes seemed to be thinking about something.
...........................
I couldn't get that dream out of my head even after a few days had gone by.
Although mingi said that dream was not true, why did I feel like there really was someone with me?
I tried to remember the face of the person in my dream but I couldn't.
"Unnie," my thoughts were cut off by mijoo.
"Yes?"
"Here," she handed me a photo, "I found this in the pocket ."
It was the photo I found in the storage room last time. I totally forgot about that.
" yeah, thank you," I said, she gave me a smile and left.
I looked at the photo again and a memory flashed in my head, It's him!
That boy. That blonde guy I was holding the hand. He was the one in my dream.
But I can't really assume he was with me during the accident just because of a dream.
Should I ask mingi again?
But I felt like I shouldn't.
Then who should I ask? Yunho? I don't think there would be much difference. He will surely repeat what mingi said.
Then, there's no way I could know who that guy is?
That's when I remember the girl I met at the mall last time. Yeah, I could ask her.
She seemed like she knew me and about the accident. Even if I couldn't get details, I could get some information. I should collect as much pieces of information as I could.
I opened my purse  and looked for the card she gave me.
I dialed the number in the card but hesitated to call. What if she doesn't know anything?
I shook my head. Still, I should ask, right? even if I don't get any information ,I could still get a friend.
"Hello?" the person on the other side answered.
I gulped and swallowed, " I want to speak with yeri," I said.
"Yes, this is yeri speaking," she replied.
"Hello, yeri. I am Hong Ari," I introduced myself.
"Oh, Ari!" she said with the cheerful voice, "I was waiting for your call, I am sorry I didn't get to talk properly with you last time," she continued, "I had an emergency at work."
"It's fine," I answered, " can we meet?", I asked.
......................